Cheeky question to the bank(s)

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
1 reply 565 views
Lilly_May_2Lilly_May_2 Forumite
139 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim Bank & Credit Card Charges
Just reclaimed £1500, all late fees I might add, from Sainsburys credit card, they say I still own them £34, ok I can deal with that...the £1500 has been put onto my 'account' question is.....if I still have a account (so they say) shouldn't I have been sent a new credit card to use Lol....I need a £1000 soon as I want to move (removal fees) and thought it would be better to use that and pay it back monthly than getting a loan, as I can't see me getting a loan, due to default, and don't want to leave 'footprints' as it will make it even harder to get, and will end up paying large amount of interest, credit card seems cheaper!!....any suggestions.....many thanks ....Lilly :cool:

Replies

• nickmacknickmack Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lilly_May wrote: »
    shouldn't I have been sent a new credit card to use Lol

What is the status of the account, do you still have a credit limit? Probably best to call them up and find out the situation.
    I need a £1000 soon as I want to move (removal fees) and thought it would be better to use that and pay it back monthly than getting a loan, as I can't see me getting a loan, due to default, and don't want to leave 'footprints' as it will make it even harder to get, and will end up paying large amount of interest, credit card seems cheaper!!....any suggestions

It sounds like you're struggling a bit if you're considering putting removal costs on a credit card or getting a loan. This is normally factored in to the costings of moving and affordability. Is there no other way you can cover this cost, reduce it or do the removal yourself?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Students - apply for uni funding NOW

If you plan to get a place via 'clearing'

MSE News

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides