New Post Advanced Search

Advice please, selling on ebay

1 reply 1K views
lynnemcflynnemcf Forumite
1.2K posts
I make hand made cards, and have come up with an original technique for making christmas and birthday cards. I have put this technique on a CD-ROM as pdf and I want to sell the CD-ROM to other crafters. Is there any way I can stop people buying one CD-ROM and then copying it and selling it on ebay? Does anyone have any tips of getting my item seen by the most people? Does anyone have any tips for pricing the CD-ROM?

Replies

• soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    66.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi lynnemcf,

I don't know any way of copyrighting a CD, there must be a way though of making it read only, how about asking this specific question on the tech board?

As for the ebay side of things, home craft ideas tend to sell quite poorly although a very quick look at completed items doen't show any CDs having been listed for a while so maybe you might be able to catch a niche market.

To get your listing seen make sure you use the listing title with as many 'key words' as you can so it will show up in more searches. For example try to use popular words to describe it like 'craft' 'Christmas' 'CD' etc, you don't have a lot of characters to work with so try out a few ideas before you finally decide what to list as.

Pricing is difficult as there really isn't anything to base it on. You could try listing at 99p and see if it finds it own level (if using a low start price then only list one at a time) or start higher and if it doesn't sell the first time relist at a lower price. Alternatively if your feedback rating is high enough, sell them in a Dutch auction 9 at a time as this reduces insertion fees.

Today (Thursday) it is possible to list for free as long as the item has a starting price of 99p or less. It might be worth a try just to test the market as the item is unique.

If you want any specific advice then pm me and I'll try and help.

Soo
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support