Cheap monthly deal with good phone

Benson
Benson Posts: 402 Forumite
I need to buy a new phone but i don't use it that much - prob spend about 15.00 per month.

I use the camer phone a lot so has to be a decent Megapixel 3 and above but i can't find any cheap deals.

Don't mind if its on contract or pay as you go (never done PAYG before)

Anyone know of any good deals or where the best place to look is, looked on Phone 4 u and carphone warehouse but theres nothing decent on there.

Can't be on the 3 network as had a hell of a time getting out of the contract due to very poor network etc and not going through that hell of a time again!

Comments

• Nile
    Nile Posts: 14,930 Ambassador
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Hello Benson

I'll move your thread to the 'Mobile Phones' board.

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere(please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL].

Regards

Nile
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the 'I wanna' and 'In my home' and Health & Beauty'' boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.10 Dec 2007 - Led Zeppelin - I was there. :j :cool2: I wear my 50 (gold/red/white) blood donations pin badge with pride. Give blood, save a life.
  • Gooding
    Gooding Posts: 39 Forumite
    I'd recommend CPW's T-Mobile deals for the Nokia 6300.

http://shop.carphonewarehouse.com/pay-monthly/nokia/6300/

12 Month deals there like:
    • tick_blue.gif150 minutes (anytime to any network)
    • tick_blue.gif75 texts (anytime to any network)
    At £10 a month . Which isn't bad. The 6300 is a great phone IMO. Plus CPW are good for cashback mostly.

Edit: Don't forget Quidco!!

If you get £60 from Quidco(Not guaranteed), and it's down to a tenner a month, that's £60 for a year or £5 a month ;)

Edit 2:

Crucially, the phone is free ;)
    Any advice given is done so purely on the basis that it be taken as guidance and not a definitive answer to a question. If you are uncertain or confused, always consult your own legal representative.
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 402 Forumite
    Hi, thanks for the info, just a further query, do you know why isn't guaranteed, thanks again
  • Gooding
    Gooding Posts: 39 Forumite
    Hi...easy answer to that: Quidco on principle cannot guarantee the money, because it comes from a third party. But in my experience if you follow due diligence with Quidco, you will definitely get the cash.

If you've used quidco before, you'll know what I mean. If not, check out their FAQs. Or ask around on the forums, there will be many helpful folks ;)
    Any advice given is done so purely on the basis that it be taken as guidance and not a definitive answer to a question. If you are uncertain or confused, always consult your own legal representative.
  • Orange have a deal on their website at the moment for £15/month for 100 minutes and unlimited texts - not sure how great the phones are on that but it's worth a look x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure