Taxi from Alicante to Benidorm

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning
6 replies 1.2K views
jamieboyjamieboy Forumite
135 Posts
Part of the Furniture
Does anyone know the cost of a taxi from Alicante to Benidorm, Levante area.

Replies

• It's apx £50, a shuttle bus will cost you around £10pp. if there's 4 of you it'd be worth paying for a taxi as you can go straight to your hotel-a shuttle will only drop you at a central point. resort hoppers are good as are keyransfers.hth.xx
  • ABARKIEABARKIE Forumite
    184 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    Hi,

There is also a bus from Alicante airport to Benidorm - €7 Euros 1 way - from memory.

Try here

http://www.alsa.es/VentaParticulares/contenidoHorarios.jsp?aeropuertos=S

The buses look to be hourly from 6am to 11pm.

Hope this helps.
  • jamieboyjamieboy Forumite
    135 Posts
    Part of the Furniture
    Thanks olliesmummy06 I have checked Resort hopper, think we will go with that and thanks ABARKIE but couldn't take bus as I'm taking my Mum who is 86. Checked the site though and noticed they also do hotels.

Thanks again
  • blue_haddockblue_haddock Forumite
    12.1K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When i was there a couple of weeks ago a transfer from Calpe to Alicante airport was 60 euro so probably a bit less from benidorm. There are lots of bus companies offering cheap transfers and also the train can be taken up to benidorm for only a few euros.
  • ClairsdadClairsdad Forumite
    25 Posts
    This one takes me back...I spent ages reading diverse and conflicting reports about how best to take the same (fairly long) journey. When I got there...before I even got to the bus stop I was approached by an unlicenced taxi driver...10euros each 4 of us to our hotel door (quite happy!). Busses are definitely cheapest but infrequent, proper taxis (shared between 4, crazy for less) are still the most expensive option and you take a risk doing it the way I did. Next time I would buy the shuttle transfers at 15 euros and save the worry and stress spoiling my trip. Have a great holiday.
  • jonnyjackovjonnyjackov Forumite
    330 Posts
    I travel once a week from alicante to benidorm and use a2b transfers. I have never had any problems, and it costs me around £9. Go through quidco for a discount. They do a door to door service unlike resorthoppa who only drop off at hotels or apartments, but don't forget to phone for your return pick up time 24 hours before heading back to the uk.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals