Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

HELP. Neeed internet for one month what are my options?

in Phones & TV
13 replies 726 views
amboyamboy Forumite
386 Posts
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
I am moving into a house for one month and half and need internet access, I have tried calling BT but they say minimum 12 months contract.

What are my cheapest options for getting internent for this short time?

thx in advance
My Shop Is Your Shop

Replies

• BexTechBexTech Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    Local library or internet cafe, hope neighbours have wireless and let you borrow some bandwidth.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • Peter999_2Peter999_2 Forumite
    845 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    http://www.ukfsn.org/ do 30 day notice internet access without a 12 month contract.
  • BexTechBexTech Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    They probably still need the BT line and that's 12 months, that's what I was taking when BT was mentioned.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • amboyamboy Forumite
    386 Posts
    thx for the help

how about if i choose postoffice line rental, they seem to need only 15days or 1 month notice.

would this work?
    My Shop Is Your Shop
  • HeinzHeinz Forumite
    11.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    amboy wrote: »
    thx for the help

how about if i choose postoffice line rental, they seem to need only 15days or 1 month notice.

would this work?
    How much do they charge to install the line?
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • QuentinQuentin Forumite
    40.4K Posts
    Post office do only need 15 days notice to cancel line rental. Is there an active line already there?
  • QuentinQuentin Forumite
    40.4K Posts
    Heinz wrote: »
    How much do they charge to install the line?

£110 .
  • amboyamboy Forumite
    386 Posts
    There is a line in the house, which the current tenants have with Bulldog and are due to cancel any day
    My Shop Is Your Shop
  • reduxredux Forumite
    22.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Are you likely to move around a bit after that? Is it worth looking at mobile broadband deals? You can go for a month or two on payg, but then you need to buy the modem instead of it being included in a longer contract
  • amboyamboy Forumite
    386 Posts
    redux wrote: »
    Are you likely to move around a bit after that? Is it worth looking at mobile broadband deals? You can go for a month or two on payg, but then you need to buy the modem instead of it being included in a longer contract

No I will be leaving the country after, so mobile deal is no good
    My Shop Is Your Shop
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Cheapest Christmas dinner

We've crunched the numbers to find the best prices

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum