22 Presents for 22 Year Old!

There was a thread a page or 2 back, someone asking for ideas for 30 things to get a friend for their 30th. I have a friend who will be 22 in a month and I really like this idea. The only problem is I only have around £10-£15 to spend altogether! does anyone have any ideas. she is a fairly girly girl, loves her music and I think she wold pretty much like anything? any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Hello,
    I did this for my boyfriend for his 18th
    i started with presents 1 to 8 being really small little things then gradually building up to something brilliant for the 18th present!
    Things in the poundshop are good from time to time! New car or bike or something theres loads of things in there you could buy her to make it into a girly girl car?
    Also look in wilkinsons and primark for the couple of quid things then for the 22nd present give her something she could use. Maybe a voucher for £5 of something?
    just a couple of ideas :p
    I'm getting married in August 2015
    :j
  • littleredhen
    littleredhen Posts: 3,280
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    have a look at 3 for 2 in places like boots etc for body spray or make up
    you could get her face packs,cleanser etc from tesco or asda or somewhere like that
    claires accessories do a 5 pack of earrings if she has her ears pierced
    h&m have accessories quite reasonably priced - scarves, socks, jewellery
    hope these ideas are useful
    The mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work unless it’s open.:o

A winner listens, a loser just waits until it is their turn to talk:)
  • haylibo
    haylibo Posts: 1,004 Forumite
    We did this for a friend yeeeeeaaars ago and we didn't make all the presents 'presents' in the traditional sense. We put in things like a photo of us all in a silly, home finished frame and some joke things which related to 'in' jokes we had such as some teabags because we were always at hers for tea. A homemade voucher would be one I would put in now - for something your friend likes that you can do such as bake her fave cake or similar.
    Try to make it personal rather than expensive, maybe have a brainstorm about things she likes/her quirks (does she always forget her keys, for instance) and things you have done together and people can try to come up with some ideas.
  • Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Penny sweets, a home-burnt CD & photos are things which spring to mind. Maybe if you have known her a long time or know her Mum you could come up with a school photo or something?

HTH;)
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • janeym8
    janeym8 Posts: 529
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    i did this for my bro-in-law`s 40th few years back and as well as his main presents i had stupid things like face mask,whistling lolly pops,modelling ballons,a massive comb-hes bald,minature of whisky. i also numbered them so they were opened in a particular order as one present went with the next one etc.i put them all in a big box with a lid and made the box look like a bday cake and put 40 candles on it

janey xxx
    LIFE IS FOR LIVING-I`VE LEARNT THAT THE HARD WAY
  • Anne_Marie_2
    Anne_Marie_2 Posts: 2,123
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    millie83 wrote: »
    There was a thread a page or 2 back, someone asking for ideas for 30 things to get a friend for their 30th. I have a friend who will be 22 in a month and I really like this idea. The only problem is I only have around £10-£15 to spend altogether! does anyone have any ideas. she is a fairly girly girl, loves her music and I think she wold pretty much like anything? any ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks

As you have fairly limited finances there, it would be better to get one decent pressie rather than a whole lot of tat.
    If you can get some freebies, little bottles of shower gels/shampoos, sachets, perfume samples etc., that would really help towards making up to your 22 gifts.
    What about making up a calender with photos which are personal, 1 for every month....each month could be counted as 1 gift if you are really stuck. If you have a laminator, or have access to one, that would be even better for keeping. Also you can write and wipe on calender. :p Even if they go out of date, she can use them as placemats. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure