Talk Talk broadband offer

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
5 replies 676 views
silkyuk9silkyuk9 Forumite
2.8K Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
just applied for the talk talk broadband offer

£20-49 per month for free 8 meg broadband, telephone calls 27/2 national and internationl and line rental.

after applying on the telephone i couldnt beleive the great deal on offer.

however, after a few hours the sales person rang me back to inform me that the offer is not available in my area, something to do with the telephone exchange.

im gutted, i have been instructed to call them back in around 6 weeks to see if my area then gets the offer.

im with eclipse broadband, £19-99 8 meg broadband, £5 per month telephone call offer 24/7 national calls only. and £33 per month BT line rental. im gutted!!!!!!!
All the big powers they've silenced me. So much for free speech and choice on this fundamental human right, and outing the liars.

Replies

• DatabaseErrorDatabaseError Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    £33/month line rental!?

read this forum and count yourself lucky.
    Utinam logica falsa tuam philosophiam totam suffodiant.
  • BexTechBexTech Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    TalkTalk need to have their own equipment in the BT exchange so they can offer this deal, means they give less money to BT and can cram in a lot lot more users on the limited capacity.

I think you mean £33 per quarter line rental. Though with BT if you are DD and paperless it's £10.50 per month.

TalkTalk is dreadful for broadband.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • silkyuk9silkyuk9 Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    BexTech wrote: »
    TalkTalk need to have their own equipment in the BT exchange so they can offer this deal, means they give less money to BT and can cram in a lot lot more users on the limited capacity.

I think you mean £33 per quarter line rental. Though with BT if you are DD and paperless it's £10.50 per month.

TalkTalk is dreadful for broadband.

i meant quarterly sorry, ive just gone onto DD
    All the big powers they've silenced me. So much for free speech and choice on this fundamental human right, and outing the liars.
  • BexTechBexTech Forumite
    4.8K Posts
    silkyuk9 wrote: »
    i meant quarterly sorry, ive just gone onto DD

Thought you did. :)

You can go Monthly Direct Debit. Often BT will say only payment plan is available monthly and DD is quarterly, but Monthly DD is available.

Extra saving for dropping the paper bill too.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • silkyuk9silkyuk9 Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    i was with talk talk about 15 months ago and i must say never had any problems. the only complaint was fron them telling me to restrict my downloading. apart from that which was a one off i never experianced any probs
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals