free coffee - Tues Aug 2 edition of The Irish News

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
3 replies 1K views
Jon_CJon_C Forumite
465 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
I write for The Irish News and two friends of mine have just opened a cafe in Newtownards. I've arranged a free coffee offer for readers of the newspaper and I thought it might be of interest here.

This coming Tuesday, August 2, the bargains column on the In Store page will include an offer for a free filter coffee (sit in or take away) at The Streat in Newtownards.

No purchase is necessary in the cafe but you do have to take the newspaper article in with you to claim your cuppa. The staff will scribble on it or whatever to void it after use.

This offer is valid in the Newtownards cafe only as it has just opened. None of the other cafes in the chain are participating in this promotion.

The paper costs 50p and the coffee is worth about a pound.

I hope this is of use to someone. I wasn't sure where to post it but have done so here rather than on the referrers' board after taking advice from Divadee, the board guide.

Replies

• Pink.Pink. Forumite
    17.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I live in Newtownards and it's my birthday on Tuesday, so I might just take myself out for coffee.

Thanks Jon_C.

Pink

Edited to add: Is The Streat in Newtownards a sister company of The Streat in Holywood?......If it is, the coffee is worth buying a paper for.:)
  • Jon_CJon_C Forumite
    465 Posts
    The Streat is a franchise-based business. Each cafe is run independently - that's why you can't redeem this offer in any of the other Streat cafes.

They do have the same menu and coffee in each one, though, as far as I know.

By the way, the offer is one per customer but if there are two of you, you can go in with two copies of the paper and it should be fine.

Obviously my friends are just starting out in business so I would be delighted if people using the offer liked the cafe enough to actually pay for something as well as enjoy their freebie - but really it's up to you all. I've done my bit.

J
  • Pink.Pink. Forumite
    17.7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been for coffee yet........ but I did (accost) have a chat with the proprieter who was watering his plants at the time. He seemed like a lovely bloke who really wants to make a go of his buisiness.

For those of you who are interested, they stay open until 6.00pm whereas other food outlets in the Square close between 4.30 and 5.00pm

Pink
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco Clubcard rule tweaks

Be careful when converting points to Cineworld

MSE News

£148 of Ciaté nail polish for £35

Via its Advent calendar (norm £59 delivered)

MSE Deals