MBNA/Virgin cheques clarification please.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Stoozing: Free Cash from Credit Cards
3 replies 1.9K views
Little_ChickenLittle_Chicken Forumite
2.8K Posts
Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
✭✭✭✭
Howdy stoozers:D Please can any of you clarify the following: I've received cheques from my Virgin card that currently has a £0 balance. They're offering 1.9% for 7 months if I use the cheques. But I'm unsure if I would still have to pay the 3% cheque fee. The wording on the back is 'cheques are subject to a fee of 3% unless we have told you your fee is more or less. :o Am I being dopey?:D
:grin: Save me from spending...
Sealed Pot Challenge 2008 - £1004:T 2009 - £1139 2010 - £1260 :j 2011 - £1557 2012 - £740 :beer: No 195 Target £1k

Replies

• YorkshireBoyYorkshireBoy Forumite
    31.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fee applying will be the one that was notified to you when you received your last 'notice of variation' to the T&C's applicable to your account.

However, I suggest you ignore the cheques because, in my experience, the same offer will be available for BT's & SBT's.

Give MBNA customer retentions a ring on 0800 783 1116 and see if they'll waive/cap the fee for you.
  • AnonAnon Forumite
    14.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are MBNA/Virgin known for waiving the fee? I was accepted earlier this week for a Virgin card on the 15 month card (with a good limit) therefore any saving on the 2.98% is worthwhile (not stoozed for a while ... in fact, since you could get 0% with no fee, therefore paying anything goes against the grain!).

Many thanks
    Anon
  • YorkshireBoyYorkshireBoy Forumite
    31.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anon wrote: »
    Are MBNA/Virgin known for waiving the fee?
    Yes, but not on introductory offers.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals