Simple Stoozing or use 1% Cashback Credit Card

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Stoozing: Free Cash from Credit Cards
4 replies 1.1K views
sva14sva14 Forumite
121 Posts

Hi,

Can some one tell me which would be better

1) 1% Cashback credit card
2) Do Simple Stoozing put the cash in savings account earning 4%.

The credit card only has 4 months on 0% to run.

I possiblty spend say £800 per month on the credit card.

Thanks
satish

Replies

• ClarimanClariman Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    1% cashback would be better because of the short 0% period left. Cashback would earn you 1% of £3200 (4 x £800) i.e. £32. Plugging the figures into the Slow Stooz (Simple Spend) calculator says you would make £18.13 by stoozing it ....assuming you are a standard rate tax payer.

Clariman
    Co-author/owner of the official stoozing website https://www.stoozing.com and Creator of the SOA & Snowball calculators.
  • sva14sva14 Forumite
    121 Posts
    Clariman wrote: »
    1% cashback would be better because of the short 0% period left. Cashback would earn you 1% of £3200 (4 x £800) i.e. £32. Plugging the figures into the Slow Stooz (Simple Spend) calculator says you would make £18.13 by stoozing it ....assuming you are a standard rate tax payer.

Clariman

Thanks for your comment. Yes I can see which is better now. Looks like I need a minimum of 6 months on 0% card to do simple spend more profitably.

Also I assume getting cash out with credit car out of machines at 2% charge and assuming got 0% for 12 months is still worse off?

Also the same applies to CC that charge 2% for BT?
  • MartinslovechildMartinslovechild Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    satish98 wrote: »
    Thanks for your comment. Yes I can see which is better now. Looks like I need a minimum of 6 months on 0% card to do simple spend more profitably.

Also I assume getting cash out with credit car out of machines at 2% charge and assuming got 0% for 12 months is still worse off?

Also the same applies to CC that charge 2% for BT?
    NEVER EVER withdraw cash from a machine using a Credit Card unless the T&C's specifically state that the cash advance rate is 0%.

Although you will find cards available which offer 0% on both purchases and BTs, this zero rate doesn't include cash advances - these are normally charged at some hideous rate on top of the 2% fee (anywhere up to 20% APR).

Always read the T&C's.
    Mortgage Feb 2001 - £129,000
    Mortgage July 2007 - £0
    Original Mortgage Termination Date - Nov 2018
    Mortgage Interest saved - £63790.60
    ISA Profit since Jan 1st 2015 - 98.2% (updated 1 Dec 2020)
  • sva14sva14 Forumite
    121 Posts
    NEVER EVER withdraw cash from a machine using a Credit Card unless the T&C's specifically state that the cash advance rate is 0%.

Although you will find cards available which offer 0% on both purchases and BTs, this zero rate doesn't include cash advances - these are normally charged at some hideous rate on top of the 2% fee (anywhere up to 20% APR).

Always read the T&C's.

Thanks

Been looking at what bills I can pay by credit card (To get further 1% cashback on CC) and got information on using Payppoint (Please confirm that they accept Credit card as payment ) to pay most household bills by credit card.

Does anyone have any idea of how or if it is possible to pay mortgage payments, i am with alliance and leicester.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals