i've been refused a EGG Money card SHould i apply for a Virgin card now

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Stoozing: Free Cash from Credit Cards
1 reply 1.6K views
beautifulfreakbeautifulfreak Forumite
3 Posts
I have in the past been a little unwise with my credit. To that end i now have a debt management plan in place with the CCS. However my circumnstances have change now that i have a son and i need to get a bigger car.

Thought that doing the egg money transfer and getting the low cost loan through a credit card was the answer however know i've been refused an egg money card i wondering what will be the next best step?:confused:

Replies

• MartinslovechildMartinslovechild Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    #1 Get hold of your credit file (there are 3 credit reference agencies [Experian, Equifax & Call Credit] and a copy of your report costs £2 from each one - don't assume that they're all the same - they're not). Also, don't fall for their 'expensive' options - you just need the £2 statutory report.

#2 Check if there are any mistakes in your credit file. Black marks will go against you for incidents such as late payments, non-payments, CCJ's etc.

#3 You say that your circumstances have changed now that you have a son. How has this caused your income to increase such that you can afford the minimum repayments on a credit card?
    Mortgage Feb 2001 - £129,000
    Mortgage July 2007 - £0
    Original Mortgage Termination Date - Nov 2018
    Mortgage Interest saved - £63790.60
    ISA Profit since Jan 1st 2015 - 98.2% (updated 1 Dec 2020)
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals