Quote gone up overnight

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
3 replies 1.1K views
magicmagic Forumite
194 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
Hi,

I was using all the usual online to find the cheapest car insurance and kwik fit came out on top. the quote yesterday came to around £595 and I was going to use quidco as well to get £42.50 cashback on this. So I logged in today and selected my quote from yesterday (the only option it has is to recalculate when you pick a quote) and for the exact same details this is now showing approx £645!

unfortunately kwik fit are now closed until the 2nd Jan so I can't call them... but assuming they are still able to give me the original price as quotes are usually valid for a while...is there any other way to get some cashback? Kwik fit give you £20 for recommending a friend and some family have insurance with them so I could do this, any other ideas?

edit:

HMMMM, well the figure of £645 comes up when I enter my details direct into the kwik fit website... If i use the link from quidco, I need to start a new quote as the "retrieve a quote" link doesnt do anything. and entering the exact same details again brings this quote to £681!!!

Replies

This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals