Anyone know of a "family" motor insurance policy?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
5 replies 621 views
TogurTogur Forumite
2 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
I am sure I am not alone - I currently have a policy which covers myself, my wife on one car and both of us and my 19 year old son on another car. My wife holds a policy on her car with me as a named driver. Our 17 year old daughter now wants to learn to drive. Is there anyone out there who offers a "family" policy, which would cover 3 cars and four drivers!! If not I think there must be a gap in the market.

Replies

• jfdijfdi Forumite
    1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Try Liverpool Victoria - we have 2 cars and both myself and OH are covered for both (although I think I'm 3rd Party on his car), and 20yo son is covered for mine. Just one policy.

Tried to get it cheaper when it was up for renewal & couldn't - but did get told LV were the only Co to do this sort of policy.

HTH.

A
    :mad: :j:D:beer::eek::A:p:rotfl::cool::):(:T
  • Admiral multicar covers all cars in a household. :confused:
    :A MSE's turbo-charged CurlyWurlyGirly:A
    ;)Thinks Naughty Things Too Much Clique Member No 3, 4 & 5 ;)
  • jfdi wrote: »
    Try Liverpool Victoria - we have 2 cars and both myself and OH are covered for both (although I think I'm 3rd Party on his car), and 20yo son is covered for mine. Just one policy.

Tried to get it cheaper when it was up for renewal & couldn't - but did get told LV were the only Co to do this sort of policy.

HTH.

A

Is there any way you can get a quote for this on the LV website? I can't seem to find out a way of doing it! Cheers.
  • dan2k7dan2k7 Forumite
    17 Posts
    Does anybody know? I'm not having any luck! :(
  • jfdijfdi Forumite
    1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry dan2k7, only seen this now.

We've always done ours by phone - so don't know about the website side of it.

Interesting to see the post by brazilianwax - looks like someone else does it too.

A
    :mad: :j:D:beer::eek::A:p:rotfl::cool::):(:T
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs