first car insurance for a 17

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
2 replies 448 views
pbgr1pbgr1 Forumite
1 Post
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
I am not quite 17 yet, but I was wondering which insurance company give the best quotes for 17 year old males, as the premiums even for low group cars are still ridiculous. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• dunstonhdunstonh Forumite
    106.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no one best company. It doesnt work like that.

Age is just one variable. Location, type of car, occupation amongst a number of other things are also taken into account.

Different insurers will price themselves for their target market whilst others will price themselves out of the market they are not interested in. The cheapest for one person could end up being the most expensive for another.

The best thing to do is put your details into the various quote portals and see who comes out best. There is no point relying on relying on who was best for someone else who was in a different postcode, different occupation and different car.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • C_RonaldoC_Ronaldo Forumite
    4.7K Posts
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    As been said, you better off using confused or !!!!!!!!! to get some quotes
    No Links in Signature by site rules - MSE Forum Team 2
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants