TalkTalk Home Phone

in Phones & TV
4 replies 748 views
My home phone account with TalkTalk states that my plan is Talk2 + World. I'm not sure when I became a TalkTalk customer exactly but I have bills dating back to June 2005 all stating this tariff.

I can't find anyting on their website that mentions this specific tariff. The plans are called Talk1, 2 and 3 or Talk 1 International, Talk2 international, Talk3 Global.

How am I supposed to know what my calls cost and what is inclusive if my bill doesnt state the name of one of their current plans? Anyone else have this on their bill?

Replies

• I too am on the Talk2+World tariff, but I think I may know a "little" more about it.

Several years ago, I was paying BT for my line rental, and I switched the calls (via CPS) to TalkTalk when that was the only thing they did. Their options at the time were Talk1, Talk2, and Talk3. These were 1- no monthly fee and no inclusive calls 2- small monthly fee for free evenings & weekends 3- larger monthly fee for 24hr free calls (to landlines only of course).

Then, TalkTalk launched their very first broadband service, around autumn 2005. This isn't their "free broadband forever" fiasco from last year, but well before that. When it started, they advertised that if you signed up for the broadband service, they would give you Talk2 for a year free. Plus, it would include free calls to UK landlines AS WELL as around five international destinations (I know the USA is included, and I think Canada and Australia are too, and I'd say possibly France and Spain??)

I signed up for the broadband service, and then phoned them to switch my line from Talk1 to Talk2 under the free offer. However, the tariff didn't switch back after the one year period, it just stayed on Talk2 +World.

So basically, your call package includes free evening and weekend calls to UK landlines and some foreign countries.

I hope this helps!!
  • I have never been on their broadband service so that doesnt appear to apply to me.

Basically the operators at TT don't seem to know what this tariff is either! OH spent about two and half hours on the phone to them a couple of days ago - 50 mins in one call alone:eek:. We've been waiting for them to call us back with some answers and despite making two further calls we dont seem to have made any progress.

I think it will be a while yet :mad:
  • InactiveInactive Forumite
    14.5K Posts
    glitter123 wrote: »
    I have never been on their broadband service so that doesnt appear to apply to me.

Basically the operators at TT don't seem to know what this tariff is either! OH spent about two and half hours on the phone to them a couple of days ago - 50 mins in one call alone:eek:. We've been waiting for them to call us back with some answers and despite making two further calls we dont seem to have made any progress.

I think it will be a while yet :mad:

You will be very lucky if they do, it seems that Talk Talk don't seem to do much Talk Talking when it comes to customer support.
  • Most of their call centres appear to be in South Africa. After talking to my OH for 50 minutes one of their operators gave him another number for someone "who might be able to help."

He rang it and told the new person "I've been given your number by "X" " to which she replied "Oh he's sitting next to me" :confused:
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides