IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC claim form defense

Good afternoon.

First time using the forum and thanks for all the super helpful information already.

I have received a claim form from UKPC, have filed AOS and looking from some advice before I submit by defence.

Details:
Issue date: 26 Feb 2024
AOS: filed online 11 March
Particulars of claim:
1. The Defendant is indebted to the claimant for a Parking charge issues to the vehicle xxx. 2. The PCN details are xxx at xxx. 3. The PCN had been issued on private land, which is managed by C: The private land are xxx. 4. The vehicle was parked in breach of terms and conditions provided by signage (the contract), result in the PCN(s). 5. The driver agreed to pay within 28 days but did not D is liable as the keeper. Despite requests, the PCN(s) are outstanding. 6. The C claims 170.00 being the total of the PCN(s) and damages. 7. C claim costs and court fees. The claimant claims interest under section 69...

The background is the driver was parked in a free shopping centre car park and was sent a charge in the post. Pictures suggest the breach was that the vehicle had one wheel touching the boundary line of the space(!) but also shows cars parked in each adjacent bays. Signage is poor and very sporadic.
I sent a short e-mail at LBC stage which identified the driver.

I plan to use the template defence with the added wording on Chan.

My facts currently say

5. The defendant confirms that the vehicle was parked in a car park adjacent to xx Centre on the day in question as the driver was making a purchase from the shopping centre.

Should I expand on this to cover poor signage or not required as this is already covered in later template paragraphs? Should I include anything  re the picture shows that cars were parked on either side (so i didnt prevent them from parking)?

Thanks very much for your help

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,517 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Should I expand on this to cover poor signage or not required as this is already covered in later template paragraphs? Should I include anything  re the picture shows that cars were parked on either side (so i didnt prevent them from parking)?
    No and no.

That looks fine as long as you have the Chan transcript above it and the rest of the Template Defence under (don't show us that, though!).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,600 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Parky1234 said:
    I have received a claim form from UKPC, have filed AOS and looking from some advice before I submit by defence.

Details:
    Issue date: 26 Feb 2024
    AOS: filed online 11 March

With a Claim Issue Date of 26th February, and having filed an Acknowledgment of Service in a timely manner, you have until 4pm on Tuesday 2nd April 2024 to file your Defence.

That's over a week away and it is good to see that you are not leaving it to the last minute.
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look at the second post in the NEWBIES thread.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing a Defence.

Do not try and file a Defence via the MoneyClaimOnline website. Once an Acknowledgment of Service has been filed, the MCOL website should be treated as 'read only'.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback