IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking in a disabled space

I parked my work van in this disabled space by accident as it wasn't very clearly marked. Does a disabled parking space need to have any markings on the road? I reversed into the spot & didn't see the small sign on the post but if there had been a wheelchair marking on the road I would have seen it and wouldn't have parked there. Ticket issued by Council & NSL

Comments

• Mark_d
    Mark_d Posts: 411 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Whilst it's common to see marking on the road, I'm not aware of any legal obligation
  • nopcns
    nopcns Posts: 480 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    If it is a council issued "Penalty" and not a Parking Charge Notice from an unregulated private parking company, then you may be better off posting your question over on the Free Traffic Legal Advice forum at https://ftla.uk
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 20 March at 4:21PM
    DHurd said:
    I parked my work van in this disabled space by accident as it wasn't very clearly marked. Does a disabled parking space need to have any markings on the road? I reversed into the spot & didn't see the small sign on the post but if there had been a wheelchair marking on the road I would have seen it and wouldn't have parked there. Ticket issued by Council & NSL
    Looks odd.  Not properly marked.

Post about it on the Free Traffic Legal Advice forum at https://ftla.uk
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Martyn_H
    Martyn_H Posts: 455 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    As a user of disabled spaces, I'd expect to see yellow markings either side of the bay to give the disabled person extra width for wheelchair access.
  • Mr.Generous
    Mr.Generous Posts: 3,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Not even the round rubber space hog thing on the tarmac. I might well have missed that one. Car Parking Dot With Nail - Yellow  Jaybro
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,269 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 20 March at 6:17PM
    Not even the round rubber space hog thing on the tarmac. I might well have missed that one. 
    ???? No beats me! 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure