IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Help required as received a Civil national business letter regarding stopping in a red zone!

Hello, I wondered if any of you great people would be able to spare a few minutes to help advice me on a CN (Charge Notice) which was received for ‘a driver’  from Leeds Bradford Airport for stopping for around 1 minute whilst dropping a passenger off as the supposed offender works a taxi driver.

I don’t drive myself, but helping out the person that has received this fine due to English not being their first language. 

Basically the driver had dropped off a passenger as he works as a black & white taxi driver. Passenger specifically asked the driver to drop him off at the spot which apparently you can’t stop as it’s private land with red lines.

unsure if he should pay the fee as-well as additional fees as it’s gone to a debt collector for a total of £255.00.

any advice, help would be appreciated as I don’t really know much about all of this.

thank you

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,145 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    DO NOT TELL HIM TO PAY.

Show us the Claim form, but cover:

-  Claim number

-  His personal data

-  The vehicle VRM

-  The MCOL PASSWORD (low on the right)

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • SM100
    SM100 Posts: 12 Forumite
    First Post
    Thank you for the response. This is the below form that has been received 

• SM100
    First Post
    The original letter is this!

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,495 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 March at 3:30PM
    With a Claim Issue Date of 5th March, you have until Monday 25th March to file an Acknowledgment of Service but there is nothing to be gained by delaying it. 
    To file an Acknowledgment of Service, follow the guidance in the Dropbox file linked from the second post in the NEWBIES thread.
    Having filed an Acknowledgment of Service in a timely manner, you have until 4pm on Monday 8th April 2024 to file your Defence.
    That's four weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence, but please don't leave it to the last minute. 
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look again at the second post on the NEWBIES thread - immediately following where you found the Acknowledgment of Service guidance.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing an Acknowledgment of Service, nor that for filing a Defence.

Do not try and file a Defence via the MoneyClaimOnline website. Once an Acknowledgment of Service has been filed, the MCOL website should be treated as 'read only'.

Everywhere I have written 'you' or 'your' I do if course mean the named Defendant.
  • SM100
    First Post
    If it does go to court and the case is lost would we have to pay extra fees because the person who’s received this is in his late 60s and a little bit stressed out. 

Really appreciate the help!
  • Coupon-mad
    No he'd pay less than the claim.  Hence defending is risk-free and a no-brainer really.

You will know all this once you read the NEWBIES thread second post.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,495 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    SM100 said:
    If it does go to court and the case is lost would we have to pay extra fees because the person who’s received this is in his late 60s and a little bit stressed out. 
    Crikey! Paying extra because of their age? Paying extra because they're a little but stressed?

No-one has to pay extra fees for those reasons.    ;)

Just kidding... I know what you mean.  :)
  • SM100
    First Post
    😂😂😂 

you stresssing me out and I’m definitely not in my late 60’s

just don’t think they want the stress, esp at his age and the threatening letters
  • Coupon-mad
    We get that. Defending is pretty easy though.

NO PAYING. I'm sure they don't want to fold and pay a scam? Setting that example isn't what I do to my adult kids.  I'm younger than 60s but not much!
  • SM100
    First Post
    Genuinely appreciate the help and you are right! Nice to know there’s good people in the world as-well.

thank you all once again. Will probably be back when I’m creating a defence.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback