Write off Cat C reports?

Milodo
Milodo Posts: 1 Newbie
I own 2 cat C vechicle's and bought these as repaired, being around 2-3 years old when purchased and previously too, all have been near perfect.

I'm currently looking at Cat C pre repaired.  I can see images etc and the seller telling what they choose too.  My question is, i cant seem to find a way to obtain a report that the insurers would have deemed it write off.

What i would like to see for an example is the insurers report saying bonnet, boot, tyres and twisted chassis repair costs £10000, therefore its a write off.  In obtaining this, I can then gauge repair cost plus purchase and see where i land.

Anyone know if these can be obtained?  Thank you

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    They aren't freely available, the person who made the claim may be able to request whatever report exists from their insurer but if it was an obvious total loss people dont invest hours inspecting the car and just focus on valuing it. 

Surprised you are seeing a Cat C thats still got its accident damage! It was in 2020 that the ABI moved from Cat C/D to S/N so its been sitting around for some time 
  • facade
    facade Posts: 7,019 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Some of the advertised vehicle checkers e.g. CarVertical turn up the original photos and description from the salvage auction.

If it was an owner buy-back, then there won't be any.

One tip is to look out for a photo showing the steering wheel and the passenger dash, If there aren't any then the airbags were triggered.
    I want to go back to The Olden Days, when every single thing that I can think of was better.....

(except air quality and Medical Science ;))
  • Mildly_Miffed
    Mildly_Miffed Posts: 318 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary

Surprised you are seeing a Cat C thats still got its accident damage! It was in 2020 that the ABI moved from Cat C/D to S/N so its been sitting around for some time 
    October 2017!
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,473 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    vcheck.uk check the salvage records so if its been through a known salvage yard theres a good chance they'll be able to find it and pictures.

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper

October 2017!
    My bad, I thought the vehicle was pre-repair not pre-repaired... was concerned the extra damage time would have done to the damage areas being exposed. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback