IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Highview Parking No letters received

Hi I received a letter from dcb limited saying I needed to pay £170 as I haven’t paid a fine from Highview Parking. The parking fine was because they think I stayed in a car park over night but I actually went there two days in a row staying the correct time each time (a shop).

My car was my company car and my workplace hadn’t updated my address so the fines were going to a 2 year old address and on my old surname. They haven’t sent it to the lease company as fines are normally received. So, I didn’t receive anything until I received this debt letter at my current address. 

I rang the debt company to enquire about this fine. I also have my company cars telematics proof to show the car wasn’t there when they are saying with the times the car was there. I have sent this to the debt company but they said they can’t do anything. 

What would be best to do now? Pay? Wait till they take me to court? Will they give me a ccj or more of a fine? Will my telematics evidence be worth anything?

I can’t get in contact with Highview to even discuss this. 

Comments

• Don't pay.  That would be bonkers.  The only thing more bonkers than paying would be to speak on the phone to notorious scam merchants, DCBL.  And the only thing more bonkers than speaking on the phone to DCBL would be to tell them on a recorded line who was driving, because without that information, nobody can be held liable for a Highview Parking charge in respect of a leased vehicle.

And it's a good thing you can't speak to anyone at Highview, because that could only end in tears.

Never talk on the phone to a private parking company (PPC) or their scumbag debt collectors.  Do everything in writing.  Now they have your name and address, you can expect to receive a lot of junk mail that you can safely ignore until you receive a "letter of claim" or (similar title) from Highview itself or a firm of solicitors representing Highview - most likely DCB Legal (not to be confused with its sister debt collector company, DCBL).  You will recognise a letter before claim because it will give 30 days notice of the start of legal proceedings and be accompanied by forms asking intrusive questions about your finances.  From that point on you should easily defeat the claim by following the guidance on this forum  - even if you have unwisely revealed who was driving. Start by reading the Newbies thread and then if you have questions that aren't answered on the Newbies thread post them here. 

If you follow the advice on this forum you will beat this ticket with no risk of a CCJ.

If you move house within the next 6 years before the PCN is cancelled, you must notify the data protection officer at Highview by email to dpo@groupnexus.co.uk of your new address and demanding erasure of your old address.  The easiest way to get a CCJ is to allow a PPC to sue you at an address where you no longer receive post.  If solicitors are already involved at the time of your move, you should also inform them of your change of address. 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    You can't just get s CCJ.  DO NOT PAY.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback