Ulez

I sent online representations for 3 PCNs for one visit into the zone (unknowingly). 
I didn’t hear anything & have just received charge certificates for £270 each PCN. 
I called them and was told they hadn’t received my online representations & there was no option but to pay full fine. 
Not even the reduced fine of £180   
I know I sent it- they say they didn’t receive it. 
What now?? 

Comments

• TooManyPoints
    TooManyPoints Posts: 1,245 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 27 February at 4:02PM
    You might ask them how they have raised three penalty charges when you made only one visit. The ULEZ charge runs from midnight to midnight, so provided you first entered and last left between those times, only one daily charge is  payable and so only one penalty for non-payment should be imposed. 
  • Ectophile
    Ectophile Posts: 7,308 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You might ask them how they have raised three penalty charges when you made only one visit. The ULEZ charge runs from midnight to midnight, so provided you first entered and last left between those times, only one daily charge is  payable and so only one penalty for non-payment should be imposed. 

Maybe it was a three day visit.
    If it sticks, force it.
    If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.
  • Yes a 3day visit to a friend. 
    I for going Into the zone , I for a short journey & 1 for leaving on 3rd day. 
    My issue is that I have no way of proving that I sent the representation, expecting the fine to be frozen at that point. They say they haven’t received it and so I have to pay full fine. 
  • MattMattMattUK
    MattMattMattUK Posts: 8,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Yes a 3day visit to a friend. 
    I for going Into the zone , I for a short journey & 1 for leaving on 3rd day. 
    My issue is that I have no way of proving that I sent the representation, expecting the fine to be frozen at that point. They say they haven’t received it and so I have to pay full fine. 
    When you say "sent online", do you mean email, submitted through their website? Did you screenshot the submission complete page?

Also, what do you mean by "representation"?
  • Arunmor
    Arunmor Posts: 102 Forumite
    First Post
    Did you get proof of postage when you sent it in?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback