IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN Again.

Greetings.
I do maintenance for a letting agent which means I have to visit various properties.
I visited a block of flats with a car park managed by UK Car park management.
I parked in the only place I could which is outside a side door admittedly on double yellow lines but left a note on the windscreen saying who I was, which flat I was working on and my contact mobile number.
I later received through the post a letter stating I owed £60 which is now £100 as I didn't respond in the first 28 days.
My question is should I just pay the fine or is there something I can do?
After leaving it for 28 days is it too late?
I feel cheated as I was working on maintaining the property.
Any comments welcome.
Much obliged.

Comments

• Grizebeck
    Grizebeck Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    It isn't a fine and no you don't pay 
    Advocate in the County Court dealing with a variety of cases, attending the courts in the North East and North Yorkshire
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,222 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 15 February at 10:24PM
    It is not a fine.

Plan A is always a complaint to the landowner and your MP.

Plan B is to appeal as keeper using the template in blue text from the sticky Announcement for NEWBIES.

Plan C (only applies to BPA members) is to appeal to PoPLA.

All the information you need can be found in the NEWBIES, but Plan A is always the best.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 15 February at 11:17PM
    I'm surprised people in your job are even driving into these properties.  These places are traps. Refuse to attend these 'shark pools' until the vehicle is added to ALL the property whitelists.

Ignore UKCPM until you get a LBC (see the second post of the NEWBIES thread) but ask your employer to darn well cancel this scam PCN.  This makes your job unworkable.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • To be honest this is the first one I've had and I've been doing my self-employed (I have no employer) maintenance job in this town for three years now.
    I have to get on top of this for the future.
    Will keep you posted.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,349 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 25 February at 6:51PM
    Eduardoz said:
    To be honest this is the first one I've had and I've been doing my self-employed (I have no employer) maintenance job in this town for three years now.
    I have to get on top of this for the future.
    Will keep you posted.
    Just DO NOT drive into ANY private estate or private road that has a private land 'P' sign.  Such places are a no-go area for private contractors.

Just not safe and you risk £100 per day if you don't do as follows: 

If you see one, park OUTSIDE the private land, on-street.  Even on a double yellow on the public highway (NOT private roadways) is fine - despite popular misconception, it is legal to stop on yellow lines on-street - and ring the resident or business in question and ask them to bring you out a visitor permit because you won't attend land with ex-wheelclampers on it under ANY circumstances without a permit.

If a company gives you a job involving a block of flats, ask about the parking scam every time and if they don't know. ask them to check and get you a White List exemption or paper permit first, before you will attend. 
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Eduardoz
    Eduardoz Posts: 4 Newbie
    First Post
    Hello again.

I got my letter from the debt collection company today demanding £170.
    They say that if I don't pay they will add substantial legal fees to the fine when it goes to court and my credit rating will suffer.
    Should I let them take me to court and see what the Judge says?
    What do you think one and all?
    Thanks.

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The fourth post of the NEWBIES thread explains exactly how to deal with debt collector's letters, but to summarise that post - ignore them.
  • Eduardoz
    Eduardoz Posts: 4 Newbie
    First Post
    KeithP said:
    The fourth post of the NEWBIES thread explains exactly how to deal with debt collector's letters, but to summarise that post - ignore them.
    Thanks I really appreciate it.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure