Transferring from a crystalised pension, following a PSO

Hi, 
My ex and I have a PSO but my employee pension will not accept the transfer. 
He is 10 yrs older, but I'm not ready to retire any time soon.
Can anyone recommend a pension company to approach about the transfer. I'm feeling overwhelmed by the choices and it's 140k+ so I want to get it right fist time. Thanks 😊 

Comments

• DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 10,264 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    So the PSO is from your pension to him?

Are you sure you have to transfer? Most pensions should be able to deal with a PSO for you but many won't be able/willing to set up a pension from the PSO for him and so just he needs to decide where he wants the funds transferred to. 
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,281 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    My ex and I have a PSO but my employee pension will not accept the transfer. 
    In your thread title, you mention crystallised.   That means you are not looking for a pension credit transfer but a disqualifying pension credit transfer.   Most providers will not accept disqualifying pension credit.  There are some that will, but they are typically the more advanced full-service providers, such as those with full SIPP functionality. 

Obviously, I know the ones that IFAs use, but if you are going DIY, then I wouldn't know.   You may just have to message a number of DIY providers and ask them if they accept disqualifying pension credit.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback