Capability for work questionnaire after migrating to universal credits

I made the migration application on 14th January and had my commitment meeting on the 26th January showing them my 28 day fit note on the 31st January I received the UC50 Capability for work questionnaire is it normal to receive this so quick ?

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,750
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    In some cases you can be referred on day one of reporting your health condition/providing a fit note. Other cases it's from day 29 and even later for some. It's good that you received it quickly because sometimes people have to chase them to be referred. 
  • allison445
    allison445 Posts: 750
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    In some cases you can be referred on day one of reporting your health condition/providing a fit note. Other cases it's from day 29 and even later for some. It's good that you received it quickly because sometimes people have to chase them to be referred. 
    Thanks I was a little stressed at receiving it so quickly so much to sort out at once with the migration and final tax credit review I had thought it would take a few months but probably best to get it over and done with just feeling a little overwhelmed with it all and out of my comfort zone.
  • allison445
    Forumite
    Thanks I will have a look at the links I filled in the ADP form myself and this one looks similar I can remember things that happened 30 years ago but my memories for last week are patchy and I am concerned if someone helps or fills in the form on my behalf I will forget what they put and if I am asked questions I will look stupid I have a tendency to down play my cognitive abilities I also do not like talking about my health issues as I feel most people just don't get it. Is it ok just to fill it in with the basics as I getting conflicting information the welfare rights people at my housing association are telling me to give plenty of details but I do not feel comfortable doing this.
  • Spoonie_Turtle
    Spoonie_Turtle Posts: 8,194
    Forumite
    edited 12 February at 10:52PM
     I have a tendency to down play my cognitive abilities I also do not like talking about my health issues as I feel most people just don't get it. Is it ok just to fill it in with the basics as I getting conflicting information the welfare rights people at my housing association are telling me to give plenty of details but I do not feel comfortable doing this.
    It is best to give full details.  You need to, because the assessors won't know what you don't tell them.  ADP and the WCA are assessed on how exactly your health conditions affect you, not based on diagnosis. 

Logically, although it may be difficult for people to 'get it', there is absolutely no chance if you don't tell the assessors about it.  (And I fully empathise, with any chronic condition it feels that nobody can truly understand it unless they have to live with it themselves, especially the more complex ones.  But in this situation, having assessments, you do have to try your best to explain even though it may be difficult and complicated.  There's no alternative.)

Thanks I will have a look at the links I filled in the ADP form myself and this one looks similar I can remember things that happened 30 years ago but my memories for last week are patchy and I am concerned if someone helps or fills in the form on my behalf I will forget what they put and if I am asked questions I will look stupid
    What you can do if you have someone help you fill in the forms, is make sure to take a copy (even if it's just a photo) before it's posted, so you have a record of what's been said.  It also means if you are reassessed then you have a good starting point, especially if not much has changed in between.  (Also good to have a copy if filling them in yourself, but even more so if you haven't filled it in yourself.)

Thanks I was a little stressed at receiving it so quickly so much to sort out at once with the migration and final tax credit review I had thought it would take a few months but probably best to get it over and done with just feeling a little overwhelmed with it all and out of my comfort zone.
    It is still possible the assessment appointment could be months away.  But receiving the form so quickly is good, means you're in the system anyway.
  • poppy12345
    Forumite
    I have to agree with Welfare Rights and to fill it out with as much information as possible. Many people do not like talking about their health conditions but to give yourself the best chance of the correct decision, if you qualify for LCWRA then without any doubt it's always better to give plenty of information. If you don't then how can they assess you properly. 

The UC50 form is not the same as ADP and the criteria is different. They maybe some small overlap with some descriptors but they are different benefits. Being entitled ADP or any other disability benefit doesn't automatically entitle you to LCWRA.
  • allison445
    Forumite
    Thanks everyone for the advice I know getting LCWRA would be an ideal outcome but it poses other issues for me as the extra money would cause complication at present I am just over the 16000 threshold and will receive transitional protection for a year it is likely I will fall below this by the end of the year but this extra payment may alter this and I do not want to be stopping and starting the claim probably best to deal with issues as they arise but I am doing what I can to plan ahead on the other scale I may be found fit for work and have to stop claiming just trying to navigate the process and make the best decisions.
  • poppy12345
    Forumite
    For the TP if your capital drops below £16,000 and then goes above it again your UC will then end. If you're found fit for work your UC doesn't end but you will be expected to look for work. You can challenge that decision by requesting the Mandatory Reconsideration. 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback