IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Civil Enforcement Ltd - Lost POPLA

zas48
zas48 Posts: 22
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
Forumite
Hello everyone. I hope you are well.

I received an NTK back in November. I read the newbies thread and appealed with the one size fits all template which was unsuccessful.

Civil Enforcement Ltd sent me a response explaining reason for rejecting my initial complaint to which and I subsequently challenged with a lengthy response at the POPLA stage, but this was unfortunately rejected. I feel like POPLA hasn't really addressed all my points properly, especially about the extremely poor quality of photographs (I have redacted number plates although they are still not very easy to see).

I have attached relevant documents used in this process for you guys to take a look at via the link below. I would appreciate any advice you could give on how I should proceed from here! Thanks in advance

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qHH5yOLWMTOERdzXJtc-XsXQajswlY6t?usp=share_link

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 57,957
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 10 February at 1:16AM
    Your name is showing when I click on that link, but I can't access the file itself because it wants me to login to something.

What happened when you complained to the landowner and your MP? That's always Plan A, and it is never too late to do so.

Other than that, you are now in ignore mode unless you get a Letter of/before Claim or a court claim. Come back to this thread if that happens.

What happened to your previous PCN. Did you get confirmation from the PPC it was cancelled as well as DRP?
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • zas48
    Forumite
    Fruitcake said:
    Your name is showing when I click on that link, but I can't access the file itself because it wants me to login to something.

What happened when you complained to the landowner and your MP? That's always Plan A, and it is never too late to do so.

Other than that, you are now in ignore mode unless you get a Letter of/before Claim or a court claim. Come back to this thread if that happens.

What happened to your previous PCN. Did you get confirmation from the PPC it was cancelled as well as DRP?
    Thanks for your reply. No reply from the land owner - I haven't sent an email to the MP as he's no good for issues around our area so I doubt that he'd even listen to me here. maybe it is worth a try though.

I have changed the link so hopefully you should be able to view the documents

My previous PCN got cancelled. From memory I only think I got confirmation from the PPC and not DRP but it could have been both, I'm not 100% on that
  • patient_dream
    patient_dream Posts: 3,404
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    POPLA has become one of the dregs of this industry, they support parking companies and in a nutshell are incompetent
    Soon, POPLA will be put out to grass because a new appeals service from government is under way and it's independent 

Do as Fruitcake says above.  

If this does go to court, fear not, most judges now understand the great parking scam and CEL WOULD BE FOOLHARDY as you can claim your costs
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,209
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 10 February at 2:30PM
    Let them sue you.

The POPLA appeal should have concentrated on the fact the tablet is hidden, so drivers were not having it sufficiently and prominently drawn to their attention.

Or you could have suggested that the tablet was not working that evening.  Which CEL's evidence fails to disprove.

I would contact CEL and tell them the case remains disputed as they only managed to show POPLA that a mere 3 people saw and used the tablet on 23rd, ONE person just after midnight on 24th then no-one for 24 hours until 25th.  Suggests a faulty keypad because more than one car visited the site on 24th! 

Tell them to take it straight to court this Spring - put up or shut up.  No adding £70 or £82 or whatever imaginary sum they invent next. 

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • zas48
    Forumite
    POPLA has become one of the dregs of this industry, they support parking companies and in a nutshell are incompetent
    Soon, POPLA will be put out to grass because a new appeals service from government is under way and it's independent 

Do as Fruitcake says above.  

If this does go to court, fear not, most judges now understand the great parking scam and CEL WOULD BE FOOLHARDY as you can claim your costs
    Let them sue you.

The POPLA appeal should have concentrated on the fact the tablet is hidden, so drivers were not having it sufficiently and prominently drawn to their attention.

Or you could have suggested that the tablet was not working that evening.  Which CEL's evidence fails to disprove.

I would contact CEL and tell them the case remains disputed as they only managed to show POPLA that a mere 3 people saw and used the tablet on 23rd, ONE person just after midnight on 24th then no-one for 24 hours until 25th.  Suggests a faulty keypad because more than one car visited the site on 24th! 

Tell them to take it straight to court this Spring - put up or shut up.  No adding £70 or £82 or whatever imaginary sum they invent next. 

Fruitcake said:

Thanks for your advice everyone. I will contact CEL again as coupon mad has suggested as well as you have raised a good point! Will comment with any updates.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback