IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN challenge failed but can't take further as lease vehicle

I displayed a parking permit in my driver window, totally valid and completed correctly. However, I got a ticket. I checked the 'evidence' they relied on and there is no image of driver window. 
I challenged the PCN and provided evidence of the valid permit in the driver window. They refused the challenge stating their evidence shows I was in the wrong, yet they still refer 2 images minus the driver window where it was! I note that I can't take it to Appeal as it's a lease vehicle and only the registered owner can Appeal. Can anyone help shed some light on this for me, I need to do something. These private companies are monsters these days, they are so aggressive with their ticketing. 

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,113
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Hello and welcome.

Where did you get the idea that 'only the registered owner can Appeal'?

Who is 'they'? Please name the parking company.
  • gerbal
    gerbal Posts: 2
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello and thanks for answering my post.
    Hounslow Council issued the ticket. I read it somewhere on the internet that I need to be the registered owner to appeal the ticket, maybe I understood that wrong? 
    This is the 2nd time in a year that Hounslow has issued a ticket when I have had a displayed permit. I seem to recall last time that I called the civic officers to try and sort it out to save the ludicrous appeal process and they accepted the error and cancelled the ticket. I just can't understand what their motivation is behind ignoring my permit and refusing the legit challenge with supporting evidence, I can only assume they rely on a significant percentage of people just paying the ticket. 
  • We deal here with tickets issued by private companies.  As yours is a council ticket you should seek advice from the council ticket experts at https://www.ftla.uk/civil-penalty-charge-notices-(councils-tfl-and-so-on)/ and/or http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback