IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

How to appeal the appeal or am I being stupid?

I got a parking ticket from NCP for over staying the period I paid for. 
I entered at 00.45 am and exited at 4.12 am. 
That is 3.5 hours. 

The parking rate is 1 pound an hour, which I sent a google street view picture to show as proof, its in another city so cant drive there just to take the pic in the parking lot. 

I paid £4.95 for parking, which is almost 5 hours. 
So I appealled and still got rejected. I stayed 3.5 hours, paid for almost 5 hours, I dont understand why my appeal was rejected. And they do not explain it either. They said that I basically didnt pay enough for the lenght of time I was there for. No more explanation. I do not feel like making the 110mile roundtrip to check the board with my own eyes, the parking rate but i will if I have to. 

How can I appeal the appeal and how long it takes?

Comments

• fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 5,914
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    edited 8 February at 9:57AM
    If you let us know where it is we might be able to help, it may have cropped up before and there are other ways to find out.
    However you cannot appeal an appeal as such and you are dealing with an unregulated scam the next appeal stage that they should have told you about is an appeal to POPLA but using the same arguments won't work.
    POPLA aren't very bright either and like to fall on the side of their paymasters, ultimately the PPC that is scamming you.
    Have you read the newbies thread yet where all is explained?

• zee34
    zee34 Posts: 43
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    fisherjim said:
    If you let us know where it is we might be able to help, it may have cropped up before and there are other ways to find out.
    However you cannot appeal an appeal as such and you are dealing with an unregulated scam the next appeal stage that they should have told you about is an appeal to POPLA but using the same arguments won't work.
    POPLA aren't very bright either and like to fall on the side of their paymasters, ultimately the PPC that is scamming you.
    Have you read the newbies thread yet where all is explained?

Not yet, I will
     I had a chat with NCP and they charged me for overstaying a rate that I wasnt even near. They say the rate was 3 hours to 24 hours 15 pounds...but i sent them clear proof of the board next to the machine I paid with, that my rate was a pound an hour or 18 pounds for 24 hours. 

I dont understand how they are charging me for something sooo wrong. The sign is literally next to the machine i paid with. I am fuming cause i do not want to pay when I know im not wrong. 
  • DE_612183
    DE_612183 Posts: 1,607
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 8 February at 10:13AM
    Is it £1 an hour for 1-3 hours, then 3-24 is £15?

So by staying over the 3 hours you then ended up in the next bracket?

Can you post a view of the sign here?
  • zee34
    Forumite
    DE_612183 said:
    Is it £1 an hour for 1-3 hours, then 3-24 is £15?

So by staying over the 3 hours you then ended up in the next bracket?

Can you post a view of the sign here?
    Thats what they say, but the sign next to the pay machine said completely different. Dont know how to post a pic, let me try
  • zee34
    Forumite
    edited 8 February at 11:22AM
    This is the board next to the machine. Nowhere on here says 15 pounds between 3-24 hours 
  • zee34
    Forumite
    This is what she said so I dont know what shes looking at, what sign but they are wrong. 
  • Not_A_Hope
    Not_A_Hope Posts: 704
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Well I would be arguing that sign is unclear and ambiguous. You can argue in court it is incapable of forming the contract they allege you broke. In law any ambiguity would result in the case being found in favour of the consumer.

NCP should have offered a POPLA code to appeal their decision. If they haven’t you should complain to the BPA.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,214
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 8 February at 3:04PM
    How to win at POPLA is already explained in the third post of the NEWBIES thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Debszzzz2
    Debszzzz2 Posts: 189
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 8 February at 3:52PM
    If that picture that is provided by the OP is from GSV, the GSV pictures are from July 2017. They may have been updated since then.

If that is the bit of the car park where they did park... and the signage hasn't changed, then it fails the BPA CoP on signage as there is no entrance sign to the car park alerting drivers to the fact that they are entering private land and that it is controlled parking.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 5,914
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    The problem with quoting those GSV screen grabs on pricing is that they are from 2017, but if they are still like that today the idiots at NCP don't have a leg to stand on, the web site for that car park confirms their offices email though:

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback