trade.financial-horizon.com

Hi, I was pointed to this site adjacent to a suposed interview between Martin Lewis and Eamon Holmes. I believe this could be a scam website. I invested £500 and was put in touch with a controller/broker of some kind. All very believable until he asked me to invest £2000. I got suspicious and requested a withdrawl from my account....now holding my breath. Do you know of this website?? am I right?

Comments

• Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 13,999
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Senior Ambassador
    Very sorry to say you are right and your money is gone. Martin Lewis NEVER does advertising. 
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing [email protected] All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • MeteredOut
    MeteredOut Posts: 1,120
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 7 February at 4:27PM
    Misslayed said:
    Very sorry to say you are right and your money is gone. Martin Lewis NEVER does advertising. 
    Especially not with Eamon Holmes!

OP, how did you give them the £500? Contact your bank/card company and let them know - there's a (slim) chance they might be able to help.
  • ColdIron
    ColdIron Posts: 8,674
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    edited 7 February at 4:28PM
    Hi, I was pointed to this site adjacent to a suposed interview between Martin Lewis and Eamon Holmes. I believe this could be a scam website
    It is a scam, Martin Lewis does not do endorsements
    I got suspicious and requested a withdrawl from my account....now holding my breath
    Your money is gone, move on and chalk it up to (in) experience
    Ignore any follow up communications you receive

• wmb194
    wmb194 Posts: 3,119
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hi, I was pointed to this site adjacent to a suposed interview between Martin Lewis and Eamon Holmes. I believe this could be a scam website. I invested £500 and was put in touch with a controller/broker of some kind. All very believable until he asked me to invest £2000. I got suspicious and requested a withdrawl from my account....now holding my breath. Do you know of this website?? am I right?
    A scam advert next to a real video?
  • friolento
    friolento Posts: 864
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 7 February at 7:10PM
    wmb194 said:
    A scam advert next to a real video?
    Scam videos are around - known as deep fake videos 
  • Mr.Generous
    Mr.Generous Posts: 3,271
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Investment advice no. If it was tax advice Eamon Holmes might have more to contribute. Money lost to a scam, get onto your bank and fingers crossed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback