IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

DCBL - Private Car Park 28mins

Hi all, First post here. Read a lot of the newbies thread; will read more as I post this.

Would appreciate any advice/guidance regarding my situation.

Summary of situation:

1. July 2023 parked in a private car park of a single pub.

2. Did not pay for parking (which was to register my car in the pub according to the small print on sign(s)).

3. Left premises and upon returning I entered the Pub and used their facilities.

4. Spoke to one of the clerks at the front and she never mentioned about registering my reg.details for parking.

5. Was parked for a total of 28mins; from entering to leaving.

6. A couple weeks later, I received a PCN to my correct address from, ‘ParkMaven’ for a fee of £100 to pay within 28 days or appeal. The PCN was for “no valid parking session”. 

7. Naively, I ignored it as well as the reminder letters.

8. Later I received a letter from DCB Legal for an increased amount, from £100 to £170.

9. In December 2023 I called DCBL and explained I was a genuine patron and that signs were small etc. - they put my case on hold and now (Feb 2024) they’ve responded declining to cancel for the same reasons (Did not register my parking reg and not appealing within 28 days).

10. Approaching the LandLord/The Pub hasn't been helpful.

11. The parking signage upon entering says in Large Lettering “For Patrons Only” however no mention of payment methods, ANPR, parking fine charge etc unless you get out of your car and read the signs closely.

1. What’s the best route to take to get this wavered?

Much appreciated for the help in advance!

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 128,920
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Best route is DEFINITELY let them sue, defend it using the Template Defence then (following all our advice during the process and not missing any deadlines) by the end of the year, you'll be wearing the virtual t-shirt on Umkomaas' discontinuances thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback