IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

LBC - Gladstone Solicitors / UK Car Park Ltd

Hi All,

Just received an LBC from Gladstone Solicitors. Responded using the draft on this forum to the LBC - asking for an additional 30 days.

Now my question is, do I just wait their response and potentially the Letter to County Court? Or do I complain to POPLA? What do I do exactly.

Just the forum doesn't direct exact steps between sending the response to LBC and awaiting a potential county court claim. 

Thanks

Comments

• Debszzzz2
    Debszzzz2 Posts: 223
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    hyperlime said:
    Hi All,

Just received an LBC from Gladstone Solicitors. Responded using the draft on this forum to the LBC - asking for an additional 30 days.

Now my question is, do I just wait their response and potentially the Letter to County Court? Or do I complain to POPLA? What do I do exactly.

Just the forum doesn't direct exact steps between sending the response to LBC and awaiting a potential county court claim. 

Thanks
    Unfortunately, you don't appear to have fully understood the process as described in the Newbies/FAQ thread.

Fist of all, if you have in fact received an actual LBC from Gladstone's, it will have given you 30 days to respond before any actual court claim can be filed. If you have responded with a request to have any claim put on hold for 30 day whilst you seek debt advice after "just received an LBC", then you have only gained as many days since the LBC was issued and the date you sent the request to put ny claim on hold. It is usually suggested that any request to put a claim issue on hold is made as close to the original 30 day deadline that is in the original LBC.

You next ask whether you wait for Gladstone's response to your own request to put any claim issue on hold or "potentially the Letter to County Court". I'm assuming you are asking whether have to do anything else before Gladstone's issue an actual court claim... No.

You are way past anything to do with POPLA. Complaining to POPLA has nothing to do with any court process and any decision by POPLA is not binding on how you decide to handle any court claim.

The second post in the Newbies/FAQ thread explains exactly what happens and what to do after receiving an LBC/LoC.
  • hyperlime
    hyperlime Posts: 28
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Thank you for the clarification. 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business