NCD on second car

tonygold
tonygold Posts: 1,121
Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
Forumite
I understand that I cannot use my NCD of 14 years on a second car I am planning on buying, but can I build up a second lot of NCD over a period on this second car that will be registered and owned by me or will it always attract a zero NCD?

Many thanks.

Comments

• born_again
    born_again Posts: 13,579
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You can earn NCD on the 2nd car. 
    Life in the slow lane
  • 400ixl
    400ixl Posts: 2,631
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Yes,

Are you going to be the owner and main driver of both cars? If so it is always asking your current insurer if they will do a discretionary NCD on the second car.

If it is actually a car for another person and they are a named driver then again asking whoever they are on a policy with if they will do any NCD based on their driving history from that policy.
  • tonygold
    tonygold Posts: 1,121
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    400ixl said:
    Yes,

Are you going to be the owner and main driver of both cars? If so it is always asking your current insurer if they will do a discretionary NCD on the second car.

If it is actually a car for another person and they are a named driver then again asking whoever they are on a policy with if they will do any NCD based on their driving history from that policy.
    The second car will be owned by me and I will be the only driver. I take your point about asking my present insurers about a discretionary NCD.
    Many thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure