IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN issued for stopping on red hatch area, Park Watch appeal not uphel

Vehicle paused on red hatch area which says "no waiting no stopping" in busy shopping centre car park, no clear signage visible from moving car. 

No POPLA reg received when initial appeal rejected, the only 10 digit number does not register to the correct company on POPLA website so I suspect isnnot the right number. No obvious way of obtaining this on weekend as No email or weekend phone number available for Park Watch.

No initial letter received only second/"final chance before action" letter received. 

No reply from shopping centre when I complained to them.

Final chance letter includes issue date and CCT images but not date of car parking/alleged offence. It does not include appeals procedure but only says "refer to initial letter for details of how to submit your appeal and applicable timeframes".

They are asking for £100. When I appealed they said I am due £60. Unclear. 

My plan is to do POPLA appeal primarily based on unclear signage and also unclear of companies interest in the land, as well as missing items in final chance letter (which I presume to be considered the NTK)

First need to obtain correct registration number within office hours for popla. 

Any advice gratefully received. I dispute the idea of a contractually agreed "No stopping" area which contains pedestrians walking across in front of cars, a zebra crossing and other cars stopping ahead all of which necessitate stopping the car, with tiny signs not visible until car is stopped to read them. 

Thanks if any advice. 

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,119
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 3 February at 12:39PM
    the only 10 digit number does not register to the correct company on POPLA website so I suspect isnnot the right number. No obvious way of obtaining this on weekend as No email or weekend phone number available for Park Watch. 
    Park Watch are also known as Defence Systems. But they are IPC AOS members, and POPLA is not an appeal option - they use the IAS, who we rarely recommend anyone appeals to. Deemed a 'kangaroo court', with a 4% success rate only. 

Never phone a private parking firm!
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,102
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Read the 3rd & 4th posts of the NEWBIES thread.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback