Got two texts from dwp

Will I get both payments ?? 

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,746
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Very odd that you received a text for the £300 payment because that has already been paid, as the text advises. 

Whether you qualify for the £299 payment will depend on what benefits (if any) you claim. 
  • Newcad
    Newcad Posts: 803
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 31 January at 12:45PM
    Could I ask who got those messages?
    (I was just looking what benefits you might be on to see if that may be a clue, but noticed that all of your previous threads appear to be asking for 'friends' or 'family' - none seem to be about yourself?).
    Did whoever got the messages already get paid the £300 in October/November?
    I suppose there might just be a very slight possibility that someone qualified for it but didn't get it at the time? We'd need to know more details to work that out though.
    Of course the 2 text messages could also be some kind of scam, don't tap the links.
    I get text messages from "-UC-" and not from "DWP", that could be different for those still on legacy benefits but TBH I don't recall ever getting any texts when I was on ESA.
    I haven't had one about the February CoL (yet).
  • HillStreetBlues
    HillStreetBlues Posts: 3,102
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    DWP error https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/cost-of-living/dwp-confusion-over-299-cost-28540438
    Benefit claimants have been thrown into confusion by a text message alerting them to the next cost of living payment - but with the wrong dates on it. The notifications are telling people the next payment is £300 due from October 31 to November 19
    Let's Be Careful Out There
  • MSE_Petar
    MSE_Petar Posts: 325
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    MSE Staff
    Hi @Standingstrong

We checked this with the DWP and it confirmed the first text message was an error which has now "been corrected".

The third and final cost of living payment, worth £299, will be paid between 6 and 22 February 2024.

There's more information about this in our MSE News story about the £299 payment.

Thanks,
    MSE Petar 
  • Newcad
    Newcad Posts: 803
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 1 February at 11:32AM
    Newcad said:
    I haven't had one about the February CoL (yet).
    I got one this morning, (just one about February), and it is from "DWP" and not from "-UC-".

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback