IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

NCP Parking Charge Notice to Keeper

Hi
I have read the Newbies thread and believe I need to send the initial appeal via the online page. I would appreciate any advice of guidance. I have a picture of the machine front stating it was broken, as were all other BTP machines. It was very dark and the notice unreadable. 
I also received the letter but no windscreen ticket after 14 days of the incident.  I am a bit confused how best to appeal. Thank you in advance.
I wasn't sure 

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 57,988
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Plan A is always a complaint from the keeper to the landowner and the keeper's MP.

Plan B is for the keeper to appeal using the template in blue text from the NEWBIES

What was the issue date of the NTK? This will determine if the NTK arrived too late for NPC to hold the keeper liable. 
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • 7945GR
    7945GR Posts: 2
    First Post
    I have sent a keepers compliant in but no response as yet.

The incident date 24.12.23
    Date of sending 10.01.24
    Thank you
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 57,988
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Good. The NTK was therefore given (presumed to be two working days after posting if sent first class) too late for the keeper to be held liable.

That being the case, go for plan B if Plan A doesn't work, but don't miss the appeal deadline.
    Send the template in blue text from the NEWBIES plus a one liner that the NTK is non-PoFA compliant and therefore given too late to hold the keeper liable, and suggest that they cancel now to save themselves money by losing at PoPLA.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,303
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 30 January at 2:27PM
    You can include your picture of the machine front stating it was broken. BUT DO NOT tick 'driver' nor write your own words implying who parked / tried to pay. 

You have 100% easy win as registered keeper just by saying what @Fruitcake said above.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback