Advice re goods sent not as advertised

Surfbabe
Surfbabe Posts: 2,281
Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
Forumite
Firstly, I have looked everywhere but can't find the answer.

I bought two items on Amazon (low cost items but its the principle). The goods were advertised as 50m lengths so as I needed 100m I ordered two lengths.

When they arrived I had two lengths but only of 25m each.  

I have queried this and the company have said the website is incorrect and they dont sell 50m lengths

I went back to them and said that that was their problem and that I have bought 100m in good faith but that they had only sent me 50m so I would like an additional 50m to make up the order. 

They are refusing to provide the additional meterage that i ordered. 

Where do I stand on this please?

any help appreciated

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 29,884
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    You have the right to a refund, but can't force them to honour the original offer if it was a mistake.
  • Alderbank
    Alderbank Posts: 2,696
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I assume this is an Amazon Marketplace sale?

Follow Amazon's procedure to return, choosing the option 'Description on website was not accurate'.

Amazon run a tight ship with their marketplace sellers. Once you have raised an issue through Amazon, the seller will become eager to help.
  • Jono111
    Jono111 Posts: 141
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Have you checked the order details in your account, sometimes you need to change the length before you place the order. If the shop sells different lengths it defaults to one length and you need to select another 
  • km1500
    km1500 Posts: 2,120
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    you are entitled to a refund
  • cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 4,882
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 26 January at 8:09PM
    Send them back get your money back and buy from somewhere else. Was it by any chance a 'bargain price' for 100m (2x50m) compared to other sellers? Or was it actually on a par with other sellers selling the equivalent of 100m? If the former then it's likely a mistake, if the latter, then they're pulling a fast one - but still only entitled to a refund, not another 50m.
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback