IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye - ASDA Kendal

This discussion was created from comments split from: **NEWBIES!! PRIVATE PARKING TICKET? OLD OR NEW? **READ THESE FAQS FIRST!** Thankyou!.

Comments

• domino03
    domino03 Posts: 1
    First Post
    A car crashed into the back of mine on 9th September 2023. My insurance company wrote it off and collected it on 14th September 2023. In October I received three parking fines from Parking Eye in ASDA Kendal - the other side of the country. I contacted the DVLA who confirmed that I was a previous owner but they did not have a current owner listed. They sent me a document to forward to Parking Eye, clarifying that the car was registered as not mine from 14th September. My insurance confirmed they wrote it off and had informed the DVLA as soon as it was written off on 14th September. I forwarded this information to Parking Eye. In the mean time I kept receiving parking tickets for the same place. I was away at uni so only received them when I came home. Parking Eye replied that my appeal was unsuccessful and have now sent a final notice and I have now received a notice of debt recovery letter for £280. I am 20, this was my first car. Can someone please help?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,138
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    If you've a debt recovery letter (who from please?) it means that PE know they have little prospect of collecting from you. They farm out unpaid parking charges as a last roll of the dice in the hope they might get some 'crumbs'.  You can safely ignore debt collector letters. 

But, it doesn't mean it's all over, you might find DCB Legal getting involved, issuing you with a speculative court claim. That cannot be ignored. We will help you get rid of it .... if it comes to it. Come back on this thread if you receive a formal Letter Of/Before Claim, or court papers via the Northampton CNBC. 

Please tell us who the debt collector is. 
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure