IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Excel Parking Appeal Advice

Hi everyone, 

I parked my car at Excel Parking Copeland Street derby and paid for the whole day which means the ticket was valid up to midnight however they still sent me PCN and said you didn't pay during the time allowed to purchase the ticket.

When I reached the parking tried to pay using my debit card and the machine declined it two times I was forced to look for another machine located opposite with a long queue as the other one was not working. So the duration between when I entered the parking to pay was 20 minutes however, I have paid for the whole day and it does not make sense to receive PCN for that. They were right if I paid for 2 hours only. The second machine accepts my bank card and I send them my bank proof showing that I have paid for the whole day.

They gave me the option to appeal to IAS but threatened if I do the reduced charge from 100 to 60 won't be acceptable anymore. This is a stupid situation as I have paid the whole day ticket and due to their machine fault, I have to pay 60 fine.

Now I am looking for some advice and what should I do? 

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 57,994
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    The advice you require can be found in the sticky Announcement for NEWBIES.
    Plan A is always a complaint to the landowner and your MP.
    Plan B is an initial appeal, which you have already done.
    Plan C is, for BPA members, appeal to PoPLA, and for IPC members, ignore unless you get a Letter of/before Claim or a court claim.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Havoc88
    Havoc88 Posts: 7
    First Post
    Forumite
    Hi there,

I understand your frustration with the situation. If you've paid for the whole day and have proof, there shouldn't be cause for concern. It might be worth waiting to see if they escalate the matter to court, as your evidence should support your case. Labeling this as "stupid," I'd recommend standing your ground, and if necessary, let them take it to court.

Best,
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,397
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Search the forum for Jumpin' Fun or Copeland parking.

Loads of threads showing how easy these are to defend.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback