IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Gladstone letter before action received following UK CPM invoice from Jan 2023

Hi all, 

I'm setting this thread up ahead of I what hope won’t happen and the decision to take this further. 

Last January I visited friends and parked in the private gated residential car park for their building. I was parked in a visitors bay, stayed less than the allowed time and had a visitors permit that I placed on the dash when leaving the car. 
When I returned to the car the permit was in the footwell. 

A few weeks later I received the invoice from UKCPM and fruitlessly appealed with them and IAC providing evidence of the permit, sadly not in place on the dash but in hand. I tried pointing out (knowing it would go nowhere) that the only way to guarantee that a permit remained visible would be to sit in my car with it for the 36 hours of my stay lest some passing bird defecate on the windscreen and obscure the permit from view. I had obeyed all terms as far as could be reasonably and humanly achieved. 

Debt collection Plus letters came for a bit but went quiet last summer. Today I had the letter before action from Gladstones Limited. I’ve replied on their form disputing the charge, that there was no breach of contract. The form on the website didn’t seem to give much space to put much information. Had I checked here first I might have tried to copy out the longer paragraphs given in the template and slung a full response into the form. 

Basically I’m waiting to see what happens next and to try and see what I can put together ahead of time just in case. 

Any ongoing advice and support is appreciated.

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,059
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 20 January at 11:14PM
    Can the friends try an email asking the MA to cancel it because it has annoyed them and you and is an 'outrageous scam' (MPs'
    words) operating in their home car park that they didn't invite or want harassing them or their visitors?

I know someone working for a Housing Association in the Worthing area, who often tells UKCPM to cancel PCNs.  It's normal to the HA.  She actually thinks that UKCPM are OK because they wheedle their way into her good books; they don't treat their unsuspecting clients with the utter contempt that ex-wheelclampers treat residents. 
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • That was the first port of call back last January but the person in charge for the residential site and outsourcing to UKCPM gave exactly zero !!!!!!. 

My friends have since moved out of the building and out of the country so can’t really revisit. 
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,059
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Shame the friend wasn't the driver. Untouchable abroad.

Never mind, just win if they try a court claim, as we do here every week.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback