IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Settle or continue and go to Court?

The PPCs legal firm have got in touch to say they'd be prepared to settle. Whilst I'd like to see them get their comeuppance I also can guarantee I'll be available on the hearing date once it's set. Obviously I've got them on the ropes somewhat, can I counter their offer (£200) and just offer them £20 to drop case?

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 57,914
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 19 January at 11:40AM
    You can pick dates when you won't be available to attend court, so not being available shouldn't be a problem.

If you pay, you will be funding the *scammers*.

If you go to court and lose you will probably end up paying less that what they are asking for now.

You could make a drop hands offer. If it were me I would offer nothing as long as they dropped the case, otherwise I would see them in court.

What happened when you complained to he landowner and your MP?

*Word used by UK MPs in open parliamentary debate to describe the unregulated private parking industry*

I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,032
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    logden said:
    The PPCs legal firm have got in touch to say they'd be prepared to settle. Whilst I'd like to see them get their comeuppance I also can guarantee I'll be available on the hearing date once it's set. Obviously I've got them on the ropes somewhat, can I counter their offer (£200) and just offer them £20 to drop case?
    If it's DCB Legal they'll give up anyway.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback