IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Britannia PCN. Can I get out of it?

Long story short, I thought my local Waitrose had a 2 hour limit, but it was 1.5 hours. I did shop in the store and can prove it via my banking app (I paid on card), but exceeded the 1.5 hour limit. Is there anything I can do to get out of the PCN? Text of the letter is below (minus the identifying info). It has the BPA logo on it as well: 

We are writing to inform you that a Parking Charge Notice has been issued to the above vehicle for the following breach of the car park terms and conditions: Parked longer than the maximum time permitted.

The signage displayed at the entrance of the car park and throughout states that the site is private land operated by Britannia Parking (the creditor). The conditions detailed on the signage (Parking Contract) must be adhered to, or a Parking Charge Notice will be issued. Motorists who choose to park their vehicle in the car park are thereby agreeing to comply with the parking contract. This Parking Charge Notice has been issued in accordance with the requirements of the BPA's Code of Practice for Private Parking.

As the motorist has contravened the terms and conditions detailed on the signage, a Parking Charge Notice has been issued. You have 28 days to pay, appeal or transfer liability from the date of this notice.

Failure to pay the full amount of this notice may result in the proceeding of debt recovery action and/or issuing court proceedings against you.

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,048
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    What did the Waitrose Customer Services Assistant say when you asked for their help with dealing with it?

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,102
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Just go in and complain.

Certainly don't pay it.  You know how to appeal it, from the NEWBIES thread. 
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Sandwich
    Sandwich Posts: 177
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thanks. Managed to get out of it. They were very reasonable. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback