Registering for UC but have incoming, unknown payments

user67340348
user67340348 Posts: 101
First Anniversary First Post
Forumite
edited 17 January at 2:41PM in Benefits & tax credits
I recently left my job for health reasons, I would like to sign up for UC asap

I will also be doing bits of freelance work to tie me over until I get a new job.

I however am due a couple of payments from the job that I've just left. These will be at the end of the month but Im not sure how much they will be exactly.

Do I need to wait until I've received these or can I just register straight away using the figures of my current finances?

Comments

• HillStreetBlues
    HillStreetBlues Posts: 3,099
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I recently left my job for health reasons, I would like to sign up for UC asap

I will also be doing bits of freelance work to tie me over until I get a new job.

I however am due a couple of payments from the job that I've just left. These will be at the end of the month but Im not sure how much they will be exactly.

Do I need to wait until I've received these or can I just register straight away using the figures of my current finances?
    How much are the expected payment?  It could be worth waiting for those payments before claiming.
    Let's Be Careful Out There
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 18,641
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Once you register any  money you receive will be counted as income for working out any UC payable.
  • peteuk
    peteuk Posts: 1,227
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    This is your fifth question about roughly the same thing?

You gave 60 days notice and left before Christmas…
    Youve not left but thinking about leaving….
    You suggest that UC for self employed is too high (I assume youve used a calculator) 
    Youve looked at claiming but want to not use a calculator but dont are unsure about because the claim hasn’t given you an amount (which it wont) 
    Youve left but want to freelance

Youve been advised on all the above….

However once your claim is processed if you are a PAYE (eg from an employment) for every pound you are paid your UC is reduced by £0.55
    Self employment you will be expected to input your monthly amounts and after a year the minimum income floor is put in place.  This is the minimum you are expected to earn, once you put your monthly amount in, the UC will take the highest eg if you earn nothing it will expect the MIF, put in higher than the MIF then it will take your amount. 

So the question is where does freelance work site…being in mind you will be expected in the first instance to be looking for 35 hours work (this does vary in different circumstances) but youve already been advised about fit notes ect on another thread. 
    Proud to have dealt with our debts
    Starting debt 2005 £65.7K.
    Current debt ZERO.
    DEBT FREE
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills