Fitting new oven

Hi
I have a new free standing 60cm Beko double oven arriving soon and this will replace an old 55cm Creda.
Should be a straight swap with just the cable to connect. 

The gaps either side will be smaller and just wondering if there's any need to add any heatproof material or treatment to the back wall.
Currently it's painted plaster and seems to have held up ok.
The manual says to have gaps either side but this refers to above the hob level.
Any help appreciated.

Comments

• grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Modern ovens are very well insulated and there will be a big natural air gap at the back even if the top panel touches the wall.
  • DullGreyGuy
    DullGreyGuy Posts: 9,184
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    They're designed to be flush, or at least appear so, there will be airspace at the back and room for services even though the top will touch the back wall. 
  • danrv
    danrv Posts: 1,383
    Forumite
    They're designed to be flush, or at least appear so, there will be airspace at the back and room for services even though the top will touch the back wall. 
    Yes, I noticed that when installing the new oven. It could probably go a bit further back but it's in and working.

• Mutton_Geoff
    Mutton_Geoff Posts: 3,803
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Is there sufficient gap between the existing worktops? It doesn't look like there is an additional 5cm to me.
    Signature on holiday for two weeks
  • danrv
    danrv Posts: 1,383
    Forumite
    edited Today at 5:50PM
    Is there sufficient gap between the existing worktops? It doesn't look like there is an additional 5cm to me.
    The diagram and installation info on P13 in the EDC634W manual doesn’t make it all that clear about clearance at the sides.
    It states a minimum distance of 65mm but that's a huge gap.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback