IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Euro Car Parks escalated to Debt Recovery

thtguy
thtguy Posts: 9
Name Dropper First Post
Forumite
Hi. I parked in a car park and paid for parking but by the time i left i had gone over the parking time allocated. I was sent letters by Euro Car Parks but due to illness I have not been able to contact the premises to ask to cancel the ticket as i have done this before for a different Euro Car Park.

The matter has now escalated to a Debt Recovery Service. I was wondering what my options at this point were.

Any advice is highly appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Grizebeck
    Grizebeck Posts: 2,645
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 14 January at 4:19AM
    You options are to read the Newbies thread or don't read the Newbies thread.

Advocate in the County Court dealing with a variety of cases, attending the courts in the North East and North Yorkshire
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,032
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    It hasn't escalated. DR Plus are nothing and the 4th post of the NEWBIES thread politely begs for no more posts about them! 
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • troublemaker22
    troublemaker22 Posts: 401
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    The fact that a nonentity like DRP has sent you a begging letter doesn’t change “Plan A”. What exactly is stopping you contacting the car park owner as you have done for a different car park?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback