Online probate - has the form changed much since 1 January 2022

Hi I did the online probate for my father using the new simplified version that came in January 2022 as he passed away after that date.

I remember thinking the questions were reasonably straightforward, so I offered to help a friend with theirs today, but I'm now slightly confused (not difficult).

I do recollect questions about value of personal possessions and questions about gifting amounts - in my case these were all 0. I assumed these questions would appear in the current online form but having just gone through the form with my friend these questions weren't there?

Its possible that they had already filled in this part of the form but I couldn't see it?

Has the form changed since I did it in 2022 or have we missed something?

kantblue

Comments

• pjs493
    pjs493 Posts: 150
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Are you getting confused with doing the inheritance tax calculator which asks about values of assets, etc? You likely completed this yourself as a paperwork exercise to figure out if you needed to submit IHT forms to HMRC before applying for Probate. Your friend may have done this in advance of you helping them with the Probate application.
  • kantblue
    kantblue Posts: 28
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hi pjs493
    phew that’s a relief - I think you are right - that’s what I was thinking of. Thanks for your reply - much appreciated.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback