IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Debt Recovery Plus letter but no PCN ever received

Hi,

Firstly l have tried reading through all the newbie sticky thread but just got slightly confused as there is a lot on there - so apologies if the answer is in there.

Yesterday I received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus requesting £170 for a PCN dating 3rd October - I never received the PCN and this is the first I have heard about this fine. It was for a Morrison's car park and I think I may have been there that day but no idea if I actually went over time or not as it is over three months ago!

I think the newbies thread said I can just ignore this letter and anymore they send? Is that the case even if I never received the PCN in the first place?

I don't want any bad credit on my record but equally I don't believe I should pay £170 - the most would be whatever the original charge was.

I work for an advice organisation and I have been told that I should contact them and ask for the PCN and evidence of the times they are saying I was parked and I should put that in writing too - this advise I think is different to what people are saying on here - hence my post to get a little clarity on next moves. 

I have drafted a letter to send ( as I can't locate an email for them) which basically states it took a week for me to receive their letter, no original PCN received, please send me all the details including photo's and to put any action on hold. Would I be wise to send this?

Thanks

Comments

• Mark_d
    Mark_d Posts: 262
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Yes I would send that letter
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,040
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    By far the most common reason for not receiving this stuff is the vehicle's keeper allowing the keeper's address on the vehicle's Registration Document to become out of date.
    Have you moved recently and failed to update the V5c? Can be done online. Do it now if needed.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 21,904
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    One thing that should be obvious from reading the NEWBIE sticky is that Plan A - contacting the retailer (in this case Morrisons) and asking for cancellation often produces the desired result. Further reading/searching of other threads will show that Morrisons are quite amenable to cancellation requests.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,059
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Mark_d said:
    Yes I would send that letter
    No.  DO NOT DO THAT.

No-one contacts DRPlus.

Is this Smart Parking by any chance?  Something of a pattern emerging with going straight to DRP letters.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Nellymoser
    Nellymoser Posts: 194
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    PPCs choose not to provide proof of posting for pcns/letters they say were sent. We must press DLUHC to ensure they do in the new Parking Code of Practice. Please @bexs2247 sign and share this petition 

Require communications from Private Parking companies to be traceable/trackable
    https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/652355
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.3K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure