IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

HELP re: decision to appeal full or partial EURO Car parks fine Claim Form

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    As this is a QDR claim I think they will serve detailed POC next week.  So put your defence on hold until nearer the defence deadline.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Bellatrix42
    Bellatrix42 Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    For further POC is it 14 days from the date on the current claim form? Or is it received within 14 days? 
  • Coupon-mad

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part07

Particulars of claim

(1) Particulars of claim must –

(a) be contained in or served with the claim form; or

(b) subject to paragraph (2) be served on the defendant by the claimant within 14 days after service of the claim form.

(2) Particulars of claim must be served on the defendant no later than the latest time for serving a claim form.

(Rule 7.5 sets out the latest time for serving a claim form)

• Johnersh
    Johnersh Posts: 1,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    The particulars (such as they are) appear to be marked 'detailed particulars to follow.' That suggests they ticked the box on mcol.

If it were me i'd wait. I certainly wouldn't proffer in defence any assumptions about time or location which aren't pleaded.

1. They can't obtain judgment where PoC are to follow
    2. The PoC on that form don't contain any identifiable breach or even location for the contract so would fail CPR 16 in isolation.

The PoC must be sent within 14 days from the date of issue appearing on the claim form (not the date of service or receipt by the o/p) and they must file a certificate of service. 

There is no requirement to acknowledge until PoC are served - CPR 10.3(1)(a)
  • Bellatrix42
    First Post Name Dropper
    So @Coupon-mad I received further POC in the post this morning. See below. Obviously I’ll need to tweak my defence statement now…any tips? 
    TQ 

• Bellatrix42
    First Post Name Dropper
    The photos have uploaded in  The wrong order but hopefully you get the gist 
  • Bellatrix42
    First Post Name Dropper
    My thoughts……
    the schedule 1 information is still totally inadequate and lacks details!
    just gives a date and 1 time point……..does not state how long my vehicle was there for or that I’d already purchased a ticket for 30mins parking…..do you think this is enough to focus on? 
  • Not_A_Hope
    Not_A_Hope Posts: 740 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I agree that the Particulars remain poor but by stating ‘the PDPermit did not cover date and time of parking’ may allow them to refer back to any evidence in the original Notice to Keeper. What evidence is on that? ANPR timestamped photos?

If so they have probably provided enough info that the Chan case would not apply and they would introduce those photos as evidence. See what others think.

However as previously advised you should mention what you were doing there and state clearly that you are a nurse and remember helping an old lady in an emergency on that date. You can then also refer in your WS to the case law of Jopson v Homeguard where your emergency assistance would be classified as a ‘small vicissitude’. 
  • Coupon-mad
    edited 20 January at 11:53PM
    I agree that the Particulars remain poor but by stating ‘the PDPermit did not cover date and time of parking’ may allow them to refer back to any evidence in the original Notice to Keeper. What evidence is on that? ANPR timestamped photos?

If so they have probably provided enough info that the Chan case would not apply and they would introduce those photos as evidence. See what others think.

However as previously advised you should mention what you were doing there and state clearly that you are a nurse and remember helping an old lady in an emergency on that date. You can then also refer in your WS to the case law of Jopson v Homeguard where your emergency assistance would be classified as a ‘small vicissitude’. 
    I agree with the above.

See what @Johnersh or @troublemaker22 think (they are solicitor posters) but I find it odd (and worthy of challenge in the defence) that paragraph 6 argues that both the PCN and the added costs are due to 'loss' which is not how Beavis was argued.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post

I agree with the above.

See what @Johnersh or @troublemaker22 think (they are solicitor posters) but I find it odd (and worthy of challenge in the defence) that paragraph 6 argues that both the PCN and the added costs are due to 'loss' which is not how Beavis was argued.
    Paragraph 8 specifically refers to "The Claimant's claim is for damages".
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback