IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Petrol station Parking fine incorrect?

Pinksoh
Pinksoh Posts: 15
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
Forumite
Hi,

I have received a parking fine from my local petrol station- it states that I was parked in the petrol station for 20 hours!

I use this petrol station often, I pop in for a coffee for a drink or fuel my car.

I have been at the petrol station on two consecutive days and different times in December and it seems to have picked up my car going in and then leaving the next day? Pictures on the exit are not very clear at all. 

I have paid by cash so no bank transaction but I do have cctv at home that I can pull up if needed.

how best to appeal this?

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,425
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 9 January at 9:33PM
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,113
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 9 January at 9:30PM
    Have you complained to the filling station?
    That should be your first action - especially as they probably recognise you as a frequent visitor.

Also take steps to secure any images in that time period of your car at home recorded on your cctv.

Is the Location: Shell - Regent description intended to pinpoint a place in the UK where this alleged parking event happened?
  • Not_A_Hope
    Not_A_Hope Posts: 708
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You need to complain to the Euro Car Parks and tell them this was two separate visits. They must check their ANPR system that will show ‘orphan images’ of the vehicle both leaving and returning between the entry and exit times. They are supposed to check before requesting keeper details fro the DVLA but often don’t as that doesn’t earn them anything.

Just in case they are daft enough to take this further don’t identify yourself as the driver in any correspondence. Don’t ring them. If their NTK is not POFA compliant they cannot hold the keeper liable.

Complain to the garage as well. Even if Euro Car Parks do the right thing the garage needs to understand the impact they are having on genuine customers.

• prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,098
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Another fraudulent claim for money when they have the evidence that the car had multiple visits.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,064
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Contact the Petrol Station and ask if they still have the CCTV videos covering the 23rd & 24th December.
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 5,925
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Also if you have google maps it should show a record of your journeys.
  • Pinksoh
    Pinksoh Posts: 15
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Quick update guys-

Yes location was Shell Regent Street I am unsure why they didn’t address it properly.

I sent off my appeal and today got a email back stating that the appeal was successful and that the parking charge has been cancelled.

It was obviously a double dip- I have also complained to the petrol station as I am sure this must have happened to other customers too considering it is located in a busy area.

Thank you for your help everyone.
  • Not_A_Hope
    Not_A_Hope Posts: 708
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Well done Pinksoh
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts