IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

2021 Fine appeared at new address

Hi all, I have read all newbie threads and replied using some templates already. Essentially: I overstayed by 15 minutes in a 2hr free car park attached to a co-op. Camera pictures of my car gathered by them. I received the initial letters back in 2021. I subsequently moved house in the same year and changed DVLA details in 2022.[Honestly, I cannot remember if I contested it at that time or not - usually i would but we were moving house so I cannot remember] Fast forward to last month to receive letters from dcbl saying that they would be collecting this debt. I responded to them, asking for clarification on the 2 year delay, and for details of letters sent to my previous address. I also asked for schematics of the car park, copies and photos of the signage, details of any grace period in the contract with the landowner, and details of the landowner to be able to contact them directly (as a disgruntled customer) I have a HSBC statement showing that on the day in question I spent £70 in the coop, and I would contest that I was doing a weekly shop that took a little longer. Furthermore, the Coop has now been demolished and no longer exists. DCBL have given me the previous letters sent but nothing else to proceed with. I have just received Final notice of debt recovery letter, with the reason "vehicle remained on private property in breach of the prominently displayed signs"

Any help really appreciated. This forum is amazing in dealing with these predatory companies. 
TIA

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 129,380
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    edited 9 January at 3:18PM
    You can ignore DCB Ltd EXCEPT for this vital step:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/80485078#Comment_80485078

Do this EVEN THOUGH they have the new address. You cannot let them or the PPC continue to hold two possible addresses.

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,109
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Which parking company?
  • TGizza
    TGizza Posts: 26
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Spring Parking referred it onto DCBL. Thanks
  • TGizza
    Forumite
    Coupon Mad. got the DPO address from the website, and cc'd in who i was dealing with from collections@dcbl to request that they erase any address other than that which appears on my DVLA log book (which i know is my current), and that there is no ambiguity as to where the vehicle ABC123 is kept. No letters to be sent to my previous address. asked them to reply by return email with confirmation. 

Thaaaaaanks!
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 21,944
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    TGizza said:
    erase any address other than that which appears on my DVLA log book (which i know is my current), and 
    Did you actually use that phrase or did you give your address details?
  • TGizza
    Forumite
    both. I made it abundantly clear. The logbook is correct with my current address. Thanks 
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    edited 10 January at 12:39PM
    TGizza said:
    both. I made it abundantly clear. The logbook is correct with my current address. Thanks 
    They only know that if you showed them your logbook. They can't check with the DVLA now.  So hopefully you attached your V5C and used the word 'erase'.

But what about telling Spring as well?  I made it clear it is both DPOs you need to tell to erase the old address.  Did you use the word 'erase'? It's got an important data meaning.

• TGizza
    Forumite
    I have had a reply from DCBL stating that they are processing the erasure of my data as requested. I have also sent a similar request to Spring using the term erase. Thanks for the help. I haven't attached the V5 - the new letters are coming through to the correct address. I confirmed that all correspondence should be sent to "123 Acacia Drive" - my current address. Is it worth scanning both and sending it tomorrow to ENSURE they don't pull a fast one by sending letters to the wrong address? I have enough email evidence by now? 
  • TGizza
    Forumite
    Immediatly below is what I asked DCBL for none of which has been answered satisfactorily. Further below is their reply today. 

I believe you have made a mistake and erroneously sent me a demand for some kind of payment. It is entitled “Debt Recovery”. The date of an  alleged “contravention” is 18th September 2021!! That is over two years ago. I have been living at the address on your letter for over 18 months and have never received anything in relation to this. Your letter states your client as Spring Parking Limited and that the letter is referring to something called Zold Co operative sidcup. I am sure you have made a mistake, but if you are insisting on this matter please provide me the following:
    1) details of what you are claiming I have done. Including details of the location in question.
    2) photographic evidence of whatever you are claiming I have done.
    3) a copy of any ticket which was placed on my vehicle.
    4) a schematic of the car park to which this letter pertains, including signage, and photos of them as they were when the alleged event happened.
    5) copies of all letters that were sent to 123 Acacia drive. ( I affirm that there were none)
    6) Details as to why you have been instructed to contact me, and by whom.
    7) I also hereby wish to make a full Subject Access Request under GDPR legislation in relation to all the information that you hold about me, including emails where my name, address licence plate details are shared on your systems and with your clients or subsidiaries.

I look forward to receiving answers to each and every numbered point above, by post.

Dear TGizza,

Thank you for your recent email, the points of which have been noted.

DCBL note your request for details of the signage. DCBL are unable to provide this, as we are not privy to this information. If there are any documents that you have requested, but that are not included in this email, it is because DCBL have deemed the request to be disproportionate and/or not relevant to the substantive issues in dispute.

As previously advised, DCBL are unable to enter any further written correspondence regarding your case, as we feel we have fully addressed all points, and our position has been fully outlined.

Should you wish to discuss the content of your email further, please contact DCBL on 0203 434 0432 and speak to one of our collection’s associates. Alternatively, please provide a contact number and the most appropriate time to call, and one of our collection’s associates will contact you during our office opening hours.

DCBL have a legitimate interest in this matter, due to the fact instruction is received from the client in debt recovery action of an unpaid debt. Whilst the case remains unpaid, DCBL will continue to pursue the debt, until our client instructs us otherwise. Should the debt remain unpaid, it would be the decision of our client regarding how they wish to proceed.

I have contacted the DPO of Spring Parking, regarding the erasure of the previous address. This is ongoing, they mistakenly thought I was making a SAR, but I have written back to them asking for erasure of my previous address. 
  • Coupon-mad
    Forumite
    edited 16 January at 2:58PM
    Great!

Let the games commence! (Claim form) as that is when DCB Legal will eventually discontinue after wasting your time during 2024.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback