PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Noticed neighbour's roofer damaged my roof.... am trying to sell the house atm.

124»

Comments

• TheJP
    TheJP Posts: 1,665 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Yes, thankyou. Well I see no flexing or bowing. If a survey just mentions the POTENTIAL for this, it's not something that should give a price reduction.

There might not be bowing now, but if the survey said that the roof timbers needed reinforcement to support the heavier roof tiles then that could be a point for negotiation (I certainly would).
    I dont think there should be any reduction if there is no current damage that needs imminent repairs or any proof there will definitely be damage any time soon. 
    Only someone interested in buying the house may take a different view, if the correct measures were put in place when the heavier tiles were installed then fine but as they weren't then that adds risk and people like to mitigate risk when buying a house. You might be lucky and they don't pick up on it but if they do then expect a reduction for the work to be corrected.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback