Impact of accident (non-liable) on insurance
My other half had a council vehicle hit her in her private vehicle and the other driver admitted liability - there is no dispute. She is also a council employee so the transport manager is aware and fine if she wants to claim.
She has talked herself out of them paying for the repair as she has been led to believe that the mere recording of the incident (despite not claiming her insurance) will have a negative impact on her premiums at renewal. The fear being that this could outweigh the cost of paying for the repair herself.
Is this the case?
It doesn’t sit well morally with me to let literally everyone else off the hook in this way.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 449.2K Spending & Discounts
- 234K Work, Benefits & Business
- 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 172.5K Life & Family
- 246.8K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards